Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Got the car aligned this afternoon so this project is finally done. Jump to the bottom for a before/after stance shot if you get bored...

My car is an auto so no Performance Pack, which I was fine with since lots of people are swapping most of the PP parts out. The ride was nice but a little too squishy on the backroads. My goal was to get things up to PP level or better.

Parts List:
CJR001 - Chassis Jacking Rail
UPPER MOUNT - 2015 FORD MUSTANG PP (FR3Z3A197B)
SHOCK ABSORBER ASY - 2015 FORD MUSTANG PP (FR3Z18124AB)
FC003 - Camber Bolts, Front, 2.5 Degrees Offset
ELK012 - End Link Kit For Sway Bars, Set Of 4
SB043 - Sway Bar Kit With Bushings, Front (SB044), Rear (SB045)
SP080 - Lowering Springs, Set Of 4, Performance
Steeda S550 Mustang Adjustable Differential Bushing Insert System - Urethane
TCA045 - Vertical Link, Rear Lower Control Arms, Spherical
CB005 - Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit
TR005 Toe Rods, Rear, Double Adjustable, Rod Ends
BK055 - Bearing Kit, Lower Control Arm, Rear
Ford Racing Knuckle to Toe Link Bearing Assembly
Ford Racing Mustang Jounce Bumper and Hardware Pack
SHOCK ABSORBER - 2016 FORD MUSTANG PP (FR3Z18125W)

QGDXxbTl.jpg

So step one was the jacking rails. They made getting the car up in the air super easy and it was rock solid on my heavy jack stand set.
zkwo2Qml.jpg

I tore into the front first since it was my first time actually unmounting a spring from a McPherson strut. I had no real issues in the front other than the sway bar bolt under the alternator. Get a ratcheting end wrench to save a ton of time taking it off.
yFVEqN1l.jpg

Fog46Apl.jpg

4kzrvrFl.jpg

Next up was the rear. My main goal the first day was to get the lower control arms off so I can try to swap the BK055 in. The front inner control arm bolt was tough to get broke loose, finally got it with an end wrench after I took off the toe rod and attacked it from the bottom. I tried to move the bushing with the FTBR bushing press kit. I finally gave up and took it to a shop so that was my day one stopping point. :frusty:

E0sW5BUl.jpg

Day two started with getting the diff inserts in and the cradle bushing lockout kit in place. Having the cross bar for my jack really helped when moving the cradle around. Diff bushings were easy other than the drivers side front. I had to loosen all the cradle bolts and push the cradle back as far as possible to get the bolt and bushing slipped between the cradle and gas tank.

EWhx2Syl.jpg

7duJ5K6l.jpg

Then came knuckle to toe link bushing. Since my car came with PP toe links I could have reused the bushing from them. I wanted to be able to put the car back to stock eventually and didn't feel like trying to press it out it was worth is so I just bought the FR ones. Pressing the bushing out of the car would have been much easier if I could have gotten the car a little more off the ground or I had a slightly shorter breaker bar. It was too much torque for a ratchet and my impact wrench wasn't moving it on full. Same issue pressing them back in, other than that no big deal.

wVbiNw5l.jpg

CP7fw8Gl.jpg

Here are some comparisons of the stock vs new parts:
4jtoFzzl.jpg

33nUSOtl.jpg

ODgku1Ul.jpg

freEE4kl.jpg

Everything else went back together smoothly. Just use a jack to move the control arm up/down until there is no pressure on the bolt you're working with. If you do the toe rods my squares that lockout the factory audjustment were not prefectly square, they only fully seat between the ears when rotated one way. The other way they almost drop in but not all the way. Just something to watch for.
ZUpN9cLl.jpg

aQY3k1Hl.jpg

viwRUa6l.jpg

I took the car to Lucore Automotive in Plain City, OH to clock the bushings and align it. They are also the ones who pressed the BK055 in for me. They did a great job on the alignment, even weighted the drivers seat so it would be setup for me. :thumbsup:

Before/After:
wcQkVJpl.jpg

The car handles and rides great so far. I was surprised at how decent the ride is considering the amount of rubber removed from the rear. There is a tiny bit of diff noise but you can barely hear it over my MBRP Street exhaust. Only other noise is a little drive-line clunk that is audible when lifting off the gas at lower speeds.

Big thanks to [MENTION=9985]BMR Tech[/MENTION] for putting up with my questions and the work they put into making such great parts. :cheers:
Sponsored

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Very nice!! I do not think you left any stone unturned. :thumbsup:

Rocketboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush RS Magnetic Metallic
Looks sweet. Cannot wait to see in person at the next meet.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Now THAT is how you do s suspension install!

It's been a pleasure working with you.

Enjoy those parts and your new found performance. Really does change the dynamics, and brings out the best with this S550 platform.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
How is the ride with the PP dampeners versus the stock GT?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Coaster

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
How is the ride with the PP dampeners versus the stock GT?
It rides a little more like a sports car. Basically smooth roads feel a little rougher, rough roads feel a little smoother. The rear shocks are the new part for 2016 so they have revised dampers as I under stand it from the 15 PP shocks everyone said were bouncy.

OP
OP
Coaster

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Enjoy those parts and your new found performance. Really does change the dynamics, and brings out the best with this S550 platform.
The improvement in cornering, staying flat while breaking/accelerating, I expected all that.

How hard the car punches forward now when you mash the gas from a roll and the torque hits was what surprised me.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Wasting less energy + applying power more effectively = winning.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
It rides a little more like a sports car. Basically smooth roads feel a little rougher, rough roads feel a little smoother. The rear shocks are the new part for 2016 so they have revised dampers as I under stand it from the 15 PP shocks everyone said were bouncy.
Roger that...the SP080 & PP dampeners IMHO is a great combination. Just the spring swap (linears FTW!) made the PP suspension function properly as it should have from the factory. As for bounce, if there ever was any...I attribute to the crap springs Ford put on the car.

Looking forward to your long term experience with your set up. :cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Coaster

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Looking forward to your long term experience with your set up. :cheers:
I should have plenty of feedback to give after July. Rally North America will have the wife and I driving from Ohio to the start point in Billings, MT then with the rally 5 days through MT, WY, ID, WA, and ending in Portland, OR with a track rental at PIR.

After that depending on how much time my wife gets off we may have a full week to explore the country on our way home. I estimate at least 5k miles in 2 weeks.

I plan to knock out a few thousand miles before then as a shakedown.

OP
OP
Coaster

Coaster

RallyNorthAmerica.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.imprtcl.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 Fastback GT Guard
Oh I do have one more step.

I need to adjust my headlights, the cutoffs are way too low now that the car has more rake. Driving at night on my test drives sucked when I had to turn off the brights.

nicktechla

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nicktwaddell.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro ZL1 Red Hot
Awesome! I want to do the same setup