Front splitter

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Okay, I see lots of folks talking about or asking about leaving the front splitter uninstalled. Am I missing something? :confused:
Sponsored

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
Precautionary measures typically on transporting/trailering.... to prevent damage when loading & unloading.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I got a question about that too, I see people taking deliveries without splitter, whats up with that?

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I got a question about that too, I see people taking deliveries without splitter, whats up with that?
The splitter does not come installed on the vehicle. It comes in a box that is placed in the trunk.

Personally, I didn't have mine installed right away, as mine was puchssed out of state and then shipped to me afterwards. I then had it installed by a local dealer. :ford:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Getting paint protection film installed first. I personally have also had some delays due to the Thanksgiving holiday and weather.

Sponsored

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt 350, magnetic with white strip
Getting paint protection film installed first. I personally have also had some delays due to the Thanksgiving holiday and weather.

What paint protection are you planning on?

OP
OP
gravedgr

gravedgr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Precautionary measures typically on transporting/trailering.... to prevent damage when loading & unloading.
So it sounds like from the posts further down, it comes that way to the dealership. Are you referring to cases when it has to be shipped to another dealer?

Mine is ordered with the dealer I'll be buying from, and I have a steep driveway so its likely to scrape anyway. Any reason to request they not install mine?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Xpel - any thoughts?

Has great reviews but for me I want a great product with a great installer that will stand behind the product.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
id do 3M transparent bra

Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a reason why you're choosing 3M?
the ford dealership I work at works with this 3M certified guy from montreal and he does some good job on the cars, he told me he has 2 types of 3m, 1) cheap film or 2) never fading film, he did some mustangs here and it looked good.. so i'd get it done through him :thumbsup:

we dont hear about spray protectants here alot so:doh:

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
the ford dealership I work at works with this 3M certified guy from montreal and he does some good job on the cars, he told me he has 2 types of 3m, 1) cheap film or 2) never fading film, he did some mustangs here and it looked good.. so i'd get it done through him :thumbsup:

we dont hear about spray protectants here alot so:doh:
I've done a fair amount of research, and just by the omission of 3M clear bra's in the clear bra arena is enough to stay away from it. I haven't heard good things about it. If you want to stick to tried and true, go with Xpel or SunTek.

Quick Run down:

Xpel Ultimate, 10 year warranty, looks good.
SunTek, 5 year warranty, looks great. Less orange peel appearance.

Both cost about the same. Both are self-healing. Most of the cost is because of the skilled labor involved, so don't necessarily go for the cheapest one. Get it from an authorized dealer also.

RoadRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I think 3M invented automotive urethane polymer film. I'm having 3M Pro PPF installed today on my GT350.

drainey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think 3M invented automotive urethane polymer film. I'm having 3M Pro PPF installed today on my GT350.

some pics and reviews would be appreciated
Sponsored