Sponsored

Front seat rattles: TSB 24-2433

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’ve seen this concern come up quite a few times regarding S550 front seat rattles.

See if this helps, attached TSB 24-2433
Sponsored

Attachments

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I had this issue on my 2020 built in fall of 2019 and picked up November.

When my wife was riding with me, it would "click" more than a rattle I'd say when I was braking & stopping for a light.

Without anyone in the seat, no sounds at all. It needed some weight on it to make the sound.

Through trial and error I determined it was coming from the front area where the seat is bolted to the car. I backed my bolts up and put some padding around the edges and put the seat back down and it fixed it. Make sure you torque the bolts to the right amount per Ford.

Hasn't made a sound since in 4 years.

bdg149

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang Ecoboost Premium
LOL @ removing the seats just to wipe them with an alcohol wipe then reinstall...

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
LOL @ removing the seats just to wipe them with an alcohol wipe then reinstall...
It's a simple fix but it works so what's the issue?

Something is trapped under there and causing the noise, removing the seat probably solves the issue itself I bet, and the wipe is probably just for extra assurance.

Kabayo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT
I had this issue on my 2020 built in fall of 2019 and picked up November.

When my wife was riding with me, it would "click" more than a rattle I'd say when I was braking & stopping for a light.

Without anyone in the seat, no sounds at all. It needed some weight on it to make the sound.

Through trial and error I determined it was coming from the front area where the seat is bolted to the car. I backed my bolts up and put some padding around the edges and put the seat back down and it fixed it. Make sure you torque the bolts to the right amount per Ford.

Hasn't made a sound since in 4 years.
I had a rattle from the passenger seat that was driving me nuts. It turned out to be a small bottle of hand sanitizer that was in the passenger door storage pocket towards the back where it was out of sight. LOL

Sponsored

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
I had a rattle from the passenger seat that was driving me nuts. It turned out to be a small bottle of hand sanitizer that was in the passenger door storage pocket towards the back where it was out of sight. LOL
You would not believe how often I get complaints where something like this is the fix. I have had people argue with me and heatedly trying to explain that they are “not an idiot” so it can’t possibly be that.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I had a rattling sound from my trunk area and I checked the stuff in my trunk and made it so they wouldn't slide around on the trunk floor only to find the noise still present especially when making turns. Turned out to be my spare wheel lugs (removed to put wheel locks on) that came out of the wheel lock package and was rolling around the tire well. :shock:
Sponsored