Sponsored

Front Marker Lights Switched to LED - Diodedynamics

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
So, I couldn't stand the orange front marker lights any longer. I contacted DiodeDynamics and ordered a set for the front. I also ordered the interior conversion kit. Let me just say the difference is night and day...SO much better in my mind. They are very friendly and easy to work with. I actually sent them over these photos for the site so they could see the difference. Just wish I had taken some before pics to show everyone how much better it is switching to LED.

To answer a few potential questions...

1. Yes...it does speed up the blinking sound inside. BUT...it sounds more like a horse galloping instead of the boring blinker sound.

2. Yes...it is very easy to install....takes about 10 minutes per side

3. Yes...it does still turn orange when you have the actual blinker on

4. Yes...the interior switch over is worth it. I tried to take a few pics, but it just wasn't doing it any justice. Bottom line is that it is much brighter inside. I tinted my windows and let me just say the conversion to LED should have been done at the plant when they were building these suckers.

Here are some after pics so you can see how much better it looks from the front. No more orange.

Sponsored

Patio208

GT350 Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500 #L2287
Looks good, it's on my to do list when the weather breaks.

Helmet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dude
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
now if someone could just make the rear sequential turn signals a little faster

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Bentley1971, Be sure to check them every day for at least a week. I installed them and they looked great like yours but a week later one of the Amber LEDs was not working. Not a deal killer but something to work on. Well after contacting DD I took their advice and reset the pins on the unit, now it's working again but I'm watching it.

Sponsored

OP
OP

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
Bentley1971, Be sure to check them every day for at least a week. I installed them and they looked great like yours but a week later one of the Amber LEDs was not working. Not a deal killer but something to work on. Well after contacting DD I took their advice and reset the pins on the unit, now it's working again but I'm watching it.
Thanks for the heads up, Road Dog! I'll definitely keep an eye on them. So far, I haven't had any problems. Then again....I've only put 124 miles on the car since I got it. That of course, will be changing VERY soon :headbang:

GT350Dubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2015 F150 lariat 5.0
Thats a huge difference!!! Any part numbers I'm actually adding this to my list!

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Looks excellent. Just ordered the interior kit myself and will be doing the switchbacks along with sequencers and the 4th brake light shortly as well

Road Dog

Really Smart Member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible
Only one drawback to the Switchback kit.....

You have to turn on running lights or headlights for them to be effective. Otherwise its just the turn signal in Amber.
Sponsored