BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I installed some new front lower control arms with the Cortex solid bearings

Well my driver side one is turned sideways. Is this normal with these bearings?
I am also hearing clunking noise not really going over bumps but more when driving on uneven roads that are not smooth.
I think it is the control arms.

Any help please.
Thanks

20240419_175600.jpg
Sponsored

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
I do not have that brand, but both sides of my Steeda control arms are flush. Is the passenger side flush? Did they send you 2 passenger side arms? They should be stamped to indicate position.

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
I do not have that brand, but both sides of my Steeda control arms are flush. Is the passenger side flush? Did they send you 2 passenger side arms? They should be stamped to indicate position.
Well, you might find this funny. But I've only installed the drivers side one. I had HELL getting the ball joints lose. So with how long that took, I haven't had enough time or really willingness to tackle the other side. hahaha.

Now this is just a weekend car so I maybe put 200 miles on it since I installed the diver side one.
I'm pretty sure I installed the drivers side one on the right because the brake cooling is angled the right way.

Do yours make any knocking noises while driving?

SBR70.3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT Premium, 23 Explorer ST, 19 GTI (DD)
Ya, I had a fun time getting the ball joints loose. Tried every trick in the book. Just took a Barry Bonds' esque swing at it with a hammer and it popped out. No clunks or noises from them. Made a HUGE difference in steering feel and response. Now my rear suspension........something is squeeky......

OP
OP
BlownGP

BlownGP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
Pontiac, Ford, Dodge
Ya, I had a fun time getting the ball joints loose. Tried every trick in the book. Just took a Barry Bonds' esque swing at it with a hammer and it popped out. No clunks or noises from them. Made a HUGE difference in steering feel and response. Now my rear suspension........something is squeeky......
Yes, I eventually put pressure on the arm with a floor then started hitting the stud. lol.
Was not fun.

Thanks for the help though.
Sponsored