Sponsored

Frankfurt Auto Show

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
So I had the chance to attend the Frankfurt Auto show today and all I can say is wow! I hurried to the Ford display with fingers crossed hoping to see a Shelby product. I was a little disappointed to not find my car. I know they are marketing the Shelby GT in Europe so there was a small chance that I would see at least an Echo boost Shelby. Anyway, there was no GT350 but they did have a GT, 5.0, and convertible mustang. Here are a couple shots, I am by no means a photographer.
IMG_0976.jpg
IMG_0975.jpg
IMG_0977.jpg
IMG_0974.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I could not tell for sure, but are the rims on the GT carbon fiber too?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
So I'm curious, because it's Europe, they do make a few changes to the cars here and there like the clear tail lights and the silver Performance Pack wheels (which if I'm not mistaken, the Euro Spec GT is pretty much the American GT w/Performance Pack...?).

What market research or laws made them go that route vs the black wheels, red tail lights, etc etc?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I could not tell for sure, but are the rims on the GT carbon fiber too?
Forged aluminum. I know, for all the trouble with power to weight ratios, everyone kept on wondering why the carbon wheels weren't on the GT. Frankly, I really don't care though. I can't afford $400K+ :cheers:

Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Thanks for the pix Smitty... And thanks so much for your service.

I don't think those wheels are CF. the spokes are very narrow and from a stylistic point they are gorgeous, but from a durability aspect of they were CF I'd be very surprised as spokes that thin would be prone to fracture IMHO.

OP
OP

chief135smitty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350 w/track pack
I was suprised to see a V8 GT mustang there. I thought only the Echo Boost was headed to Europe?

Also, how has Brembo managed to completely dominate the global brake market? I don't know why I obsess over brakes but Brembo's are everywhere. You don't see them on the exotics, but everthing else there with a brake upgrade seemed to be Brembo. The German company was there that produces the GT350 rotors which was cool.