Sponsored

Forum discount for ford performance exhaust

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Looking to buy the full FP exhaust (not borla atak), if a forum discount is available please PM me.
Sponsored

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
I doubt there is. I asked one Vendor during the tax weeks, but they couldnt budge on the Ford Performance pricing. Id certainly be interested, this is pretty much the only exhaust im interested in.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I've seen the breakdown in terms of margin on the FR/Borla GT350 cat back and is far larger than I would have ever thought. When I purchased mine it was pointed out to me that an order of three or more systems meant a discount to the vendor in terms of pricing when the order goes to Ford Racing.

There are minimum advertised pricing policies that vendors agree to follow but that doesn't mean you can't call them and work something out.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The magic number is three or more. If a Ford Racing warehousing distributor won't work with that - find another one.

Sponsored

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
What's interesting is vendors are willing to give fairly big discounts on ATAK exhausts. Borla ATAK and Ford Performance are made by the same company and in fact ATAK exhaust on paper should be a lot more expensive yet you can get an ATAK probably 20% cheaper than how much ford performance costs. I fail to understand this. The market for the FP is probably much bigger because it maintains the factory exhaust tone. To me its essentially the resonator delete and more flow and requires no cutting so you can go back to stock with no problems. The vendors should be discounting these.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The market for the FP is probably much bigger because it maintains the factory exhaust tone. To me its essentially the resonator delete and more flow and requires no cutting so you can go back to stock with no problems. The vendors should be discounting these.
I'm not convinced that the majority are looking to maintain the factory tone when considering an aftermarket cat-back exhaust system.

What you have is some differentiaton between two systems which are made from one manufacturer. To create some separation, and because Ford Racing systems are usually conservative, the Ford system is a little quieter than the ATAK from Borla. Either system will sound great and be more aggressive than stock, even in R form.

Regarding the cost, neither wants to undercut the other (by too much anyway). Both are near identical in terms of construction (yes the ATAK muffler is a little more detailed internally, yada, yada). I never in my life thought I would pay this kind of coin for a cat-back system but I did. It is definitely more than it should be once you learn how large the margins are. From an economic standpoint, the price is so high that sales/volume are limited to a degree. But apparently the price point meets the magic number for each entity. There is room for a few hundred to be lopped off the price and to still see a healthy margin (IMHO) but the choice has been made such that production numbers of the kits will be less as sales will be less. I don't agree with the economic philosophy at play here but that's the way it is. I'd rather see a lower price, more aggressive social media marketing, with the intent to move more volume. More effort put forth for what could be the same bottom line in the end but at at least you get the systems out there and in the hands of people on the fence about them. That often translates into brand loyalty and increased market share.

I love the system(s) Borla has come up with for this application. But my God, 2k on the consumer end is getting silly. Then again, people pay that much to have a few rolls of plastic film applied over their factory paint.

:shrug:

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Maybe we can do a group buy? I just cannot bring myself into paying $2150 for something that others are selling it for $1800 (assuming they are the same exhaust).

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
Is the product in question M-5200-MSS?

FYI ETA is 4/12

if I can get 3 confirmed buyers, I may be able to make something happen. what pricing are you trying to get to? PM if need be

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Is the product in question M-5200-MSS?

FYI ETA is 4/12

if I can get 3 confirmed buyers, I may be able to make something happen. what pricing are you trying to get to? PM if need be
Yes thats the one.

I can have ATAK for $1800 shipped, same price is what I'm looking for. I think 3 is not a problem.

Sponsored

btown93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Knight Industries 2000
get me 3 and we should be good!

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score