FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
552 Miles on the clock...

This car is simply amazing. It does everything I have expected and then much more.

I have not had any other new hi perf 'cars' to compare it to, so this may be a bit biased. The newest vehicle I have owned is a 2011 Mini, 2010 LR4. Newest Mustang owned - 95 GT. Fastest car - my 69 Mustang, best handling car - toss up between the Mini and E46 325XI. My daily driver for 9 years was a F350 CC 7.3 DRW 4x4 (8200 lb hot rod). My first car was a 65 coupe, 289 HiPo. A few in between, but this should paint the picture here for comparison sake.

So this car is freaking over the top awesome! I do not have any complaints. The Voodoo delivers a feel and sound like no other. I often use 'Stealth' mode, AKA Normal mode, just to feel the car and demonstrate how civilized the car really is. Turn on Sport exh mode and get a no compromise ride on rough pavement with the best sound ever. Go to sport mode and it provides great feedback in steering and a noted difference going through the gears. The road feel in sport is not rough, but will get your attention on sharp imperfections.

The brakes are no joke. The car does not get upset or fight back under hard braking. If you are aggressive on the pedal, the car does not stop well... It simply ceases to move forward, period, done... no dive, no shake, no surprises. Per the display, I got 1.13 Gs under braking and not even trying hard! Amazing.

This may be strange analogy but, I usually drink a mug of coffee on my way to work. Not required in this car. After 5 drives to work, I can say I do not need any caffeine to boost my energy. Just driving the car is energizing. Also the mug is completely in the way of the shifter.

I like most on here slowly migrate away from the forums because we are out driving them vs reading about them. At least for a few weeks.

The number one problem I have with the car is RESTRAINT! This car wants open road soooo bad. I have some very nice curvy roads here in SOMD but too many driveways and deer. I need a track day really bad. I am a virgin to a road course track. I have a few hundred passes in the 1/4 mile but very excited about getting this car to a safe area to stretch it's legs.

Like others have noted the shifter in this car smooths out nicely after the trans temp warms up. A little notchy (word?) when cold. You do have to be deliberate with the movements. Quicker shifts are not a problem, mostly noticeable when being a bit lazy.

I am so happy I went with the TP vs. Tech. I wrestled with the tech package due to the seats. I was worried the Recaro seats would not be comfortable for more than track use. Well, they are very much comfortable and feel like a suspension type seat combined with a mid density foam. The only thing that could be better is adjustable thigh bolsters. FYI the seats have height adjustment as well. Did not pick up on that anywhere else. Don't care about the radio.

Quality - I'm a little indifferent here. I have seen some heated discussions here especially about the paint. Personally, there are a few paint spots I might have the dealer address, might just let it go. If you find the spots I know about, good on you but I would say your to close and must be really bored with the overall looks of the car. I am beginning to pick up a few interior rattles near the windshield. I am OCD about this kind of stuff so I hope it will settle in as the temps warm up. I only noticed it recently and it was cooler outside.

Fit and finish is on par with what I have seen on most cars recently. I just spent 10+ labor hours on replacing the rear valance on my 69 to get gaps better than factory. Not what I expect the production line to do for a production line car. 20 years from now a Concurs judge will be looking for factory gaps and sloppy installed splitter. :first:
If not found, will be docked points. :frusty: Sarcasm folks, don't take that to serious please.

I have sold 2 cars to make room for this, 1 more to go. My acquisition strategy had to agree with promises made many years ago. So far zero regrets until I see the 69 roll off to a different owner. Then I can search for another project! :doh: Now I want to build my other dream car... 66 Cobra.

I am humble to be a GT350 owner. I am not wealthy, just in debt with not enough saved up for retirement. I'll get to that at the last minute like everything else I do.
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Cool, very nice write up. Thanks . Makes me want my car even more. :thumbsup:

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
The coffee statement is pretty funny man. Congrats on the Shelby and really nice review.

SpursFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Great write up. That rattle near the window might be the price of dash trim that surrounds the shift light. Mine has a slight vibration to it under the right conditions. Touching it makes it stop so likely just need a quick adjustment of some sort.

Sponsored

JRoman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford, MKIV, RR
Thanks for taking the time and providing your unbiased enthusiastic review! Let us know when you change the oil and determine how the break in is going(if you choose to do so).

OP
OP

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
I'm going to the 1k ish mark for first oil change. Considering blackstone labs if they are still in business for oil samples.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdub85

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Package Shadow Black
Enjoyed reading your review! What part of Southern Maryland are you in?

OP
OP

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Calvert Co, CB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Ok so I drove the car in the rain today. Sure enough a significant amount of water soaked my brief case! :frusty:

I noticed this the first time I washed the car but thought it was water running down the trunk lid or something because the car was still wet when I opened the trunk. Just thought 'what a crappy design flaw' and moved on. There is a pretty large cavity in the channel above the tail light housing where water pools just after a wash. I hope there are drain ports behind the external panels. If not the S550 will have corrosion issues later.

I looked at the trunk hinge and wonder if it could be adjusted to increase the contact with the seal. Will be using the warranty soon it seems.

Just thought I'd let everyone know.

The reason I am driving the car in the pouring down rain is because Murphy is having his way with me. All of my cars have been having issues lately.
Sponsored