WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lead Foot Grey
I have someone wanting my Gibson catback, I have been thinking about going to MBRP street system but in the back of my mind I really want to put the Ford Racing M-5220-M8 X-pipe/Side pipe set up like the Boss 302 set up. Has anyone seen this for a decent price? Just about everywhere wants over a $1060 for it, I did find it for $960. I was hoping to find one in the $800 range, yeah I know wishful thinking right! I'd take a used one off eBay but there so damn expensive that nobody has bought one I guess.:doh:
My wife is gonna kill me :paddle: if I don't stop changing parts.:D
Sponsored

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Will do.

ForeverMachine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Mustang GT
I have someone wanting my Gibson catback, I have been thinking about going to MBRP street system but in the back of my mind I really want to put the Ford Racing M-5220-M8 X-pipe/Side pipe set up like the Boss 302 set up. Has anyone seen this for a decent price? Just about everywhere wants over a $1060 for it, I did find it for $960. I was hoping to find one in the $800 range, yeah I know wishful thinking right! I'd take a used one off eBay but there so damn expensive that nobody has bought one I guess.:doh:
My wife is gonna kill me :paddle: if I don't stop changing parts.:D
Are you thinking about getting the electric cutouts for the Boss-style system? "Dual-mode" exhausts are the bees knees, IMO. If you end up getting it, please post vids. :)

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
If I can get the x pipe at a good deal, I would definitely look at the electric cut outs

Sponsored

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
+1. Sub'd. If you get this please update the thread with the electric cutouts you used as well as pictures of the install if possible and lots of videos! I also want to hear if there is any drone.

This is one of my top choices for the next mod (this + stock mufflers or Corsa Extreme). I'm on the fence about the cutouts - if there is no drone I probably will skip them, especially as it probably reduces the need for axlebacks anyway.

I believe the kit you mentioned comes with an x-pipe?

OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
I believe the kit you mentioned comes with an x-pipe?
Thats correct, it's the x-pipe with the side pipes that have the removable restrictor plates in them.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
Every Boss 302 I've seen has the restrictor plates out and sounds freaking awesome. There is a Gotta Have it Green 13' Boss I see every now and then on the weekends that is just nasty sounding, plates out and Ford racing axle backs, just music to the ears!:love::hail:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah, I love the sound of the 12-13 Bosses with the restrictors removed! I've considered this as well, but I feel like it might be too much with the S-types I already have. Maybe it would be doable with some baffles or the electric cutouts as mentioned earlier, but I don't really want to drop a grand just to find out. I'm thinking that, for me, the Ford Racing touring axle backs with the side pipes would probably more the volume that I'm looking for versus the S-type with the side exhaust.

FYI, American Muscle uploaded a new video of the side exhaust--both with the stock mufflers and the Ford Racing Sport:
[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]0fTWJWjnyqE[/MEDIA]"]

Sponsored
OP
OP
WKT

WKT

I Bleed FORD Blue!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
I'm just waiting on the guy to buy my exhaust from me and then I'll have to decide if I'm gonna spend a grand on an x-pipe.:headbonk:

Thanks for the heads upon the vid!

I REALLY want this x-pipe!!

valentinoamoro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 TY Mustang GT
I'm just waiting on the guy to buy my exhaust from me and then I'll have to decide if I'm gonna spend a grand on an x-pipe.:headbonk:

Thanks for the heads upon the vid!

I REALLY want this x-pipe!!
Amen..i'm 90% sure this is what I will get as well. All I need to know at this stage is folks take on the drone...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Love the sound with the Sport cat back.

pineapple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a piece of sh*t
Instead of spending a grand, I would recommend visiting your local muffler shop and ask for a quote for replicating these pipes. $800 extra for a pair of side pipes sounds a little ridiculous to me. However, side pipes do sound spectacular!

For $800, you could probably replicate these pipes and buy a set of electric cutouts to remedy any drone or when you want to go into stealth mode (assuming you have stock resonator and mufflers).

silver.gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 silver gt
I have this on my car when I first put it on the car I left the side pipes as they come wide open and let me tell you it is loud, cold stars are crazy loud wot even crazier it get really raspy at high rpm and very very loud, I liked it a lot but after a while it did get on my nerves, I could not have a normal conversation in the car at cruising speeds. I was about to buy the qtp cut outs for the boss to see if they would fit, but $340 dlls more going into an already expensive exhaust that would put the exhaust up too like $1400 dlls I think too much money for an x pipe with no power gains. So I got a 3/4" hole plate that they sell on ebay, when I saw the 3/4" hole I thought it was going to bring the volume way down because it's so small but it's still loud on cold stars and very loud on wot but just not so raspy and will cruising it just tone it down to were you can have a normal conversation in the car, I think I could even go with smaller size hole like 5/8" and it will still be loud it all deepens on what you looking.
Sponsored

Reactions: WKT