Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
Trying to decide on an exhaust. Considering the Ford Racing Catback, Ford Racing Axel Back, Ford Racing Axel Back with an X or H pipe, and lastly Roush Axel back.

My question is when considering the Ford Racing options does it make sense at all to do the Axel back version with and X or H pipe or should you just go straight with the Ford Racing Catback?
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
If you want to save $ go with a Roush axle back and H or X pipe. If you don't want to cut the stock system go with a catback.

OP
OP

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
If you want to save $ go with a Roush axle back and H or X pipe. If you don't want to cut the stock system go with a catback.
Cutting the stock system isn't any concern for me. Curious what benefit the Catback system provides that an axle back with X or H pipe can not provide. I know it is likely a stupid question, but I am no expert in the exhaust area.

srf52

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
...I installed the Ford Racing Touring Axel Backs and replaced the stock resonator with a MRT H pipe. Sounds great, loud enough for me with no drone, and since it keeps some of the OE tubing it saved me several hundred dollars vs the full FRPP catback system.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
If you want to save $ go with a Roush axle back and H or X pipe.
2nd...

Might as well put some of the stock system to good use.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2nd...

Might as well put some of the stock system to good use.
Was originally Planning on Roush but reading many comments on the message board that is it extremely loud made me start second guessing this. I want it louder but not obnoxiously loud while doing every day driving since this is my daily driver. Put on around 50-60 miles eac day throughout the week. Also would like as little drone as possible and a deeper toned exhaust. Sounds like H pipe instead of X pipe would achieve the deeper tone.

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...
Was originally Planning on Roush but reading many comments on the message board that is it extremely loud made me start second guessing this. I want it louder but not obnoxiously loud while doing every day driving since this is my daily driver. Put on around 50-60 miles eac day throughout the week. Also would like as little drone as possible and a deeper toned exhaust. Sounds like H pipe instead of X pipe would achieve the deeper tone.
[ame]

Sounds pretty damn good. :headbang: Much deeper than the cat-back.
Sponsored