Ford Performance GT350 87mm Throttle Body

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Just want to make everyone aware that the Ford Performance has now released the OEM GT350 throttle body and motor assembly. This is best suited for you guys looking to run the Ford Performance Voodoo intake manifold. This unit also comes with new install hardware.

JieGSuo.jpg

The OEM unit direct from the dealer can be hard to come by at times, so hopefully this alleviates some supply issues.

If you plan to use the 87mm throttle body and you already have a cold air kit like the JLT or Steeda that use a 4" tube, remember, you'll also need to purchase a straight silicone coupler to mate the 4" tube to the larger throttle body. We have these available by Vibrant Performance in Black, Blue and Red.

Be sure to contact us if you guys have any questions!

Sponsored

Jayme

DoggystyleRacing®
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aedhp.com
First Name
Jayme
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any gain to be had on the stock manifold with the mmr adapter?

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
No testing to our knowledge has been done on the stock manifold. This is a popular addition for guys using on the GT350 manifold to take advantage of the larger runners and better airflow that manifold offers. Maybe someone will be able to do some testing with the combo you ask about sometime soon. Hope that helps, let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Something to keep in mind for the GT350 intake manifold folks thinking about buying this...

Some members are reporting drivability issues that either cannot be tuned out or are very difficult to tune out when putting the GT350 combo on a stock 5.0. Before spending money on this you might consider the adapter to put the stock 5.0 throttle body on the GT350 IM.

Sponsored

Infamous

President of Honda
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/ PP
Something to keep in mind for the GT350 intake manifold folks thinking about buying this...

Some members are reporting drivability issues that either cannot be tuned out or are very difficult to tune out when putting the GT350 combo on a stock 5.0. Before spending money on this you might consider the adapter to put the stock 5.0 throttle body on the GT350 IM.
Yes, my thoughts exactly.

daltron

Rowing All Day
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
It seems more people do not have the surging problem compared to those who do, but I guess it all depends. It's pretty cheap though for a TB and something I would buy and maybe try with my stock IM before I pony up the cash for the GT350 intake.

Would love to see a GT30 IM dyno sheet with stock GT vs GT350 TB comparison.

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
It seems more people do not have the surging problem compared to those who do, but I guess it all depends. It's pretty cheap though for a TB and something I would buy and maybe try with my stock IM before I pony up the cash for the GT350 intake.

Would love to see a GT30 IM dyno sheet with stock GT vs GT350 TB comparison.
I believe Sandeale may be doing this very very soon.