Sponsored

Ford/MotorCraft car cover information

kratty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'56 Victoria, Tahoe, '16 GT350
As you likely know, it's possible to get a vehicle cover from Ford as a factory option with your GT350. It's P/N FR3Z-19A412-E, or FR3J-19A412-EA, the later being what's printed on the box it comes in. Mine came with one, but precious little accompanying information. I was curious who makes them for Ford, and after a bit of investigative work, here's what I found:

I am 99% certain they are CoverCraft Weathershield HD car covers. The remaining 1% certainty is because it might be a Weathershield HP model. But regardless, they are both very good indoor/outdoor covers, the HD offering slightly better UV protection.

I spoke with the gal at CoverCraft and she believes it is the HD model.

With Snowpocalypse about to overtake the DC region, I will be putting this cover to the test this week! :eyebulge:
Sponsored

Crumkz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach1, 16 GT350 Tech Pk on order
There is one for GT350's with the "raised spoiler" too which I guess is for those with the 350 track pack or R wing. I added it to the list of parts - http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41706

It's part No. FR3Z-19A412-F from the FPP Catalog page 235. Doesn't say in the book whether it is the Weathershield HD or HP either.