sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Good story of Covert Ford in Austin looking out for their customers:

The initial story from a friend: 80 year old former school teacher (Houston inside the loop) and widow of a career Airforce Veteran takes her 8000 mile 2019 Ecosport to dealer for oil change.

Somehow, she gets the idea that the family needs a larger SUV like an Escape and convinces the dealer to sell her a 2020 Escape w 4000 miles. We would later learn dealer refused and she argued and haggled for hours. Dealer sales finally relented and agreed to sell her a 2020 that she wanted with miles already on it just so she could get the financing; a reasonable decent deal.

Once home, daughter thinks its a service loaner until mom admits actually somehow financing it for like 80+ months even though living with family due to her limited budget and health. Funny part, this Ford family already has an Escape from same dealer!

The daughter who cares for her mother was distraught and a friend encouraged me to reach out to her.

Bottom line: widow made a poor life decision (dont we all). Dealer was not obligated to back the deal out, and sales staff got harassed into the sale to begin with and were not exactly happy.

Seeking advice, I called one of the owners of the dealership that I had met only once 20 yrs prior: Rox Covert. He was at another Covert dealership outside Austin. We both laughed as I described the situation and he told me I was mistaken and to go pick up the Ecosport from service (He said it like a Jedi master changing reality). I told him I was pretty sure it had been traded in and that couldn’t happen. He said just call him when I got to service and he’d make sure I got the keys to get it home!

Before that even happened, the daughter spoke w GM Chris Uranga and he evidently dropped everything to reversed the entire deal.

Thanks to the Covery family and staff for going above and beyond and looking out for those that have served their community:
Rox Covert
Kenny Covert (Covert Ford Austin)
Service staff and Michelle and Accounting, as well as Chris Uranga, and front line sales Carlos Garcias, and Aaron Morton for their extreme and exemplary patience and facetime in making a nice old lady happy.
Sponsored