Sponsored

FORD, can we get a digital speedometer on our 2015's?

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
They have speedo accuracy tests on highways in Australia. I know that my speedo reads 4km/h above actual speed at 100km/h.
Nice. all there seems to be over here (northeast USA) are "your speed is xx" radar displays in places, that you can't be sure how well they were calibrated.

If it plugs straight into the OBDII port, Should be more accurate
All that does is take the inaccuracies in the speedometer head (stepper motor?) away. That still leaves a few error sources, which may or may not be as large as the parallax errors possible with the needle on a mechanical speedometer.

Norm
Sponsored

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
I have a Scanguage II mounted above my mirror with a Blend Mount - I've been running the SGII since 2008 - this is the third unit I have owned, I have given the other two away with cars when I sold them, because people like them that much - they display all kinds of OBDII data - I don't even look at my cluster for speed anymore, just glance up over the top of the mirror, and there it is, helps keep me from speeding, too.

MustangS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
'15 Vert GT
But the car doesn't have the most basic of all gauges. Its laughable that ppl think it needed to be left out, but was a fuel economy meter really necessary to tell me my 5.0 is a gas guzzling pig? Which one seems more logical to you to have on a stock car? A digital gauge to tell me my Intake temps or a gauge to accurately and clearly display my speed in a car that easily gets up to speed smoothly.
So true. i couldn't care LESS about MPG but could really use the speed display.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
But you did get the "Ground Speed" labeling on the instrument stack...what a crock!
Actually its other cars that are lacking. As a pilot I always wonder if the speedo in other cars I'm driving is ground speed or air speed. This is important because the PoPo issue tickets based on ground speed (don't ask how I know this).

Sponsored

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
How about the new Audi 4 dashboard?
news-2016-audi-tt-coupe-european-model-18.jpg

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Since I posted this question almost a year and a half ago I'm thinking Ford says NO, you can't have a digital speedometer on your 2015. Which really sucks :mad:

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
my god that looks miserable.
Actually, I recently drove my friend's new A4 and, in person, that's not bad; plus you don't need to have the nav on all the time in front of you. What I didn't like was the actual nav screen above the center console, sticks up out of the dash.
1442971114781.jpg

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

Sponsored

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
I was disappointed that more advanced features were available in less costly vehicles in the Ford lineup. I had assumed that the 'new' Mustang would be the 'wonder-car' from Ford.
Its all about volume, competition & profitability.

F-150 is the volume & profitability leader, so it gets nearly everything first / best.

Then some of the other models that are fighting the competition hard for their volume gets things in front of Mustang.

As long as Mustang sales are good (& killing Camaro the past 2 years) there's little pressure to make huge (costly) improvements. It doesn't even matter if Camaro has some better performance #'s. It will continue to get trickled down incremental upgrades.

Now look back at 2009 when Camaro relaunched with hp #'s that killed Mustang. Camaro sales skyrockets, and Mustang sales plummeted, suddenly Ford upped the Mustang's hp # by 100hp across the board.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Ford has their ways.....good or bad. Look at the GT350. Basically the interior finishes are base GT except for the seats. The money was spent on the go fast, turn, repeat parts. I'd be surprised if they are even recouping the development cost of the 5.2 engine across such a small production run. They got a lot of sales, and good press in the late 80's, early 90's when they were selling Fox body LX 5.0 cars that were basically stripped down, rental fleet amenities with the 5.0 motor. My sister bought a '85 GT coupe that started my love affair with Mustang. That car had an engine that looked like something straight out of Hot Rod magazine....4 BBL carb, tubular headers, finned valve covers.....and crank down windows. Loved that car. Would boil the tires in first 3 gears and had that awful 85 MPH speedometer......I'd love to find one in mint condition. Her boyfriend at the time convinced her to trade it for a '86 vert that had the awful TBI....that car was probably the only Mustang I ever called a complete POS.

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
When I look at the GT350 I see a digital speedo

schenoy1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015. Ruby Red
In lieu of being able to choose a digital speedo option, the nice Highway Patrolman let me know his speedo (on the radar gun) told him I was going exactly 92 in a 70. He asked why was I going so fast, and I said because Ford left out the damn digital speedo! And look at this car!
Sponsored

Last edited: