Sponsored

FORD, can we get a digital speedometer on our 2015's?

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I am in the "Who gives a crap" category. Had one in a Grand Marquis. Either or. I see no need for preference of one over another. Seems like something not even worth worrying about.
Skape
I'm in the "I don't give a crap who gives a crap category".
Sponsored

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
I don't think anyone is being nit picky, or suggesting it's owed to them, and certainly it doesn't diminish the incredible value of the car.

I'd say most folks - myself included - are asking, which is more of a "hoping for", an update that utilizes the existing hardware - and the GT350 already has this feature!

Yes the GT 350 has this feature, and I really like it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: John

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Yes the GT 350 has this feature, and I really like it. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: John
Isnt it too high tech, whiz bang for a Mustang though? {sarcasm}. Seriously, It's good to see that Ford has finally incorporated it into the S550.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Mmhmm... that's what we've been telling the naysayers. It's a standard feature on a lot of (less expensive) cars that people *don't* buy for speed. :shrug:
And you want a fun-to-drive car to take the inspiration for its instrument panel layout from some little point A to point B penalty box on wheels whose typical driver may not understand much else that's displayed there? Seriously?

Time was when the speedometers in a few cars looked like this . . . easy enough to monitor continuously if you felt the need to do so, but a bit less useful in the pinched-together middle of the range.

Norm

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
And you want a fun-to-drive car to take the inspiration for its instrument panel layout from some little point A to point B penalty box on wheels whose typical driver may not understand much else that's displayed there? Seriously?

Time was when the speedometers in a few cars looked like this . . . easy enough to monitor continuously if you felt the need to do so, but a bit less useful in the pinched-together middle of the range.

Norm
Yeah, cars don't look like that any more...so yes "seriously" it would be nice for the S550 to step up and have a digital speedo - which has been commonplace for the best part of a decade. How is it that hard to understand?

Sponsored

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
A heads up display like the C5 Corvette's would be sweet.
Agreed. I would like to see one in the center info as well. I have had heads up that are difficult to see with polarized sunglasses.

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
I'm laughing at the guys bitching about everyone bitching about not having a digital speedo. In all honesty, the car has a tire pressure gauge for individual tires, head temp gauge, IAT gauge, 1/4 mile time, 0-60 time, 60-0 time, accelerometer, an average fuel economy meter, 2 trip meters, fuel history and the list goes on. But the car doesn't have the most basic of all gauges. Its laughable that ppl think it needed to be left out, but was a fuel economy meter really necessary to tell me my 5.0 is a gas guzzling pig? Which one seems more logical to you to have on a stock car? A digital gauge to tell me my Intake temps or a gauge to accurately and clearly display my speed in a car that easily gets up to speed smoothly. I understand its not important for everyone to look at but for ppl like myself its an OCD thing to see it there. The thing that makes it truly annoying, is that the car is more than capable to have such a feature. As said, its probably as easy as a software update that would take a matter of minutes to download. Honda, Chevy, VW, dodge etc all have had it. Why wouldn't Ford's flagship pony car have it now?
Agreed! :shrug:

zillah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium PP
I noticed if you turn on cruise control there is a digital speedometer in the bottom right hand corner. You could turn cruise control on and then never set a speed. Not exactly ideal, but might be helpful.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Yeah, cars don't look like that any more...so yes "seriously" it would be nice for the S550 to step up and have a digital speedo - which has been commonplace for the best part of a decade. How is it that hard to understand?
I guess it is difficult for me to accept copying the way things are being done in less expensive cars, cars that are less fun to drive, and cars for people who can't be bothered with any more instrumentation than that as being a "step up" in an enthusiast's car. You want to copy Buick and Honda here?

Most people here don't track their cars, so that reason (that works quite well for me) goes away.

Norm

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
I noticed if you turn on cruise control there is a digital speedometer in the bottom right hand corner. You could turn cruise control on and then never set a speed. Not exactly ideal, but might be helpful.
That's not a digital speedometer, all it is is the mph your cruise control is set at.

I mean you can use it IF you have cruise control active, but for obvious reasons it doesn't work if you have cruise disabled.

Sponsored

blk_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CO 2015 GT PP
You want to copy Buick and Honda here? Norm
I do get what you're saying here, but........several other notables also ave a digital speedo too....for example: hellcats, scat packs, camaros, lamborghinis, ferarris, C7s, Audi R8s, Mercedes SLS AMGs, and our very own GT350. If they've "copied" non performance brands then I'm okay with our s550s "copying" them as well lol. At the end of the day the fact that we're sitting around complaining about how Ford didn't give us a digital speedo speaks volumes about how awesome these cars really are. :cheers:

Here's an additional random thought - how about instead of spending the time and resources designing useless options "cough pony projector lamps cough", Ford spends 1/10th of the time adding a digital speedo. We get our speedo, they save a large amount of production money, and we all go home happy lol.

Rough Hollow Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Convertible
Wow, over 300 posts wondering why our Mustangs don't have a digital speedometer. Wake up Ford and give the Mustangers what all the other Ford vehicles have. I would rather have that digital speedometer than any My Little Pony Puddle lights...or a little clever statement proclaiming " Ground Speed". Cute Ford cute...but cutesy doesn't beat practical in my book. Give us the digital speedometer in future model years.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
Can't believe this thread is still around. Honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. I realize I'm in the minority, but talk about a first world problem!

I'd much prefer to see a lighter, faster car with less initial QC issues, but that's just me I guess...

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Can't believe this thread is still around. Honestly don't get what all the fuss is about. I realize I'm in the minority, but talk about a first world problem!

I'd much prefer to see a lighter, faster car with less initial QC issues, but that's just me I guess...
You must have ignored most of the posts in this thread. :doh: And your wish isn't an "either or," because Ford doesn't have to choose one over the other. They can make a good car *with* a digital speedometer... which THEY ALREADY DO WITH OTHER FORD CARS.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I was disappointed that more advanced features were available in less costly vehicles in the Ford lineup. I had assumed that the 'new' Mustang would be the 'wonder-car' from Ford.
Sponsored