Sponsored

Flying to car tomorrow - Delivery advice, 1st post

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I gotta buck the trend here. DEPENDING on what it is, I actually like some factory accessories. I got the factory all season mats and trunk tray. Trunk tray is awesome. I agree that weathertech mats cover more area but I think(at least for my useage) the factory mats cover enough of the area and I would MUCH rather see a running pony on my floor mats instead of weathertech.
Sponsored

2015RS1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1
I took a risk getting mine, I live in Florida and being set on a Roush Stage 1 it was hard to find everything I wanted...color, manual, wheels, etc. I finally found mine in St. Louis and had it delivered site-unseen! The dealer made a youtube vid of the car and sent the link to me, plus I obviously bought the carfax which was clear, it only had 8500 miles on it. Still a stressful experience but it worked out and I got the car I wanted! Here's the youtube link he sent me, most dealers will do this now if you ask them especially if the car is far away, I recommend it.

[ame]

hemistar1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2, 2017 F-150
Beautiful Roush

Wow nice of that dealer..even included some Wakandian “mood” music..seriously she’s a beauty and original poster where ate those pics?

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Picked it up today and could not be happier. Flew to Atlanta this AM and whole process went a lot quicker than I thought it would. Worth traveling to Kennesaw GA to see Cody at Tidwell Ford. Once I figure out how to attach pics will post a few.
Yeah the ATL has the most mustang dealers around all in one general area, the discounts are great in ATL and plenty to choose from. I've bought one from Sandy springs Ford and one from stone mountain Ford. Both had 50+ mustangs. Georgia is mustang country! Congrats op

OP
OP
rickdrews5

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
No doubt GA is full of these cars - dealers where I am don’t have near the number of Mustangs and if they have them with similar options (which is rare, esp active exhaust premium cars) will not go near the deals found around here. Most cars where I am are base if ppack. Thanks for the pic post help, now have to figure out how to shrink iPhone pics / res. Definitely mustang country down here. On way to my buddy’s gun club in Kennesaw (brand new-never seen anything like it, indoor skeet?) from Buckhead we saw several on the road.

Look forward to sharing info with you guys and appreciate it much - heading back in the am.

Sponsored

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I flew out to get mine also, dealer provided lots of pics but it wasn't until the sun was real low that I saw hail dimples that no one had seen. So I spent the night in Denver and early next morning their dimple guy came in and removed more than any of us could see, didn't miss a one of them. So it turned out fine and I am still happy with the purchase.

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
I flew out to get mine also, dealer provided lots of pics but it wasn't until the sun was real low that I saw hail dimples that no one had seen. So I spent the night in Denver and early next morning their dimple guy came in and removed more than any of us could see, didn't miss a one of them. So it turned out fine and I am still happy with the purchase.
I give you credit, not sure I could have done that, was the deal broken if you felt the hail damage wasn't properly cared for?

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Congratulations on the new car and that the process went smoothly. I don't know if I would be able to make a trip like that. My luck something would be wrong with the car and I would be out all of that money to get there.

When I bought my 14 GT new, some paint on the bumper was damaged when they had it in back cleaning it up and I was doing the paperwork. If I had flown in somewhere to buy the car and this happened, I would have had to scratch the deal.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
I give you credit, not sure I could have done that, was the deal broken if you felt the hail damage wasn't properly cared for?
Given that it was not disclosed prior to the sale, I'm sure I could have broken the deal. It was not malicious though and their dent guy was great. He found about twice as many as I could even see. I saved about 10k buying used and got a super long warranty to boot. No regrets.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Wow nice of that dealer..even included some Wakandian “mood” music..seriously she’s a beauty and original poster where ate those pics?
You must be young..

Sponsored
OP
OP
rickdrews5

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
Here are a few pics - was going to get black and think it's the best but after having two black cars the closer I got I started having flashbacks....
I had a great deal of help during this process. Friend who lives in Atlanta just bought a raptor from the same dealer and asked them to find the car I was looking for. Came from a dealership in NC outside Charlotte. Less of a risk for me considering the help I had and frequent flyer miles. Best part was putting some break in miles on it yesterday on the drive home. :)
IMG_1432.JPG

IMG_1433 (1).JPG

IMG_1446.JPG

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Congrats with the new 2018!!

bigriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
Congrats! I have similar 18 GT except mine is manual.

Check build date. November and December 2017 seem to be more problematic, especially the engine.

Also check alignment of body panels. Mine had a misaligned passenger fender.

Last edited:
OP
OP
rickdrews5

rickdrews5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Prem / PP
Congrats! I have similar 18 GT except mine is manual.

Check build date. November and December 2017 seem to be more problematic, especially the engine.

Also check alignment of body panels. Mine had a misaligned passenger fender.
Ummmm.....see buyback, sure you have a thread out there somewhere. December build here, should I even ask?
Sponsored