cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I've recently started to hear an odd sound coming from what I think is the rocker arm on maybe the third cylinder of the driver side bank. Has anyone ever had one fail before? I'm thinking of taking the car in for a warranty check up. But sometimes the sound disappears. So I'm worried they won't hear it. Unlike a solenoid issue I was able to replicate on my own for them.

It just is this off sound that is def not the Type Writer sound. Because this is very recent. Never noticed it with the engine before. I'm also sending out some oil to Blackstone for testing on my next oil change. Would there be anything from a typical report that I should look at for cam lobe ware and rocker arm ware? I'm sending in to Blackstone to test if there is any coolant showing up in the oil. Have noticed a small amount of coolant dissipating from the reservoir.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Very very rare.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Attached is a document that might be worthwhile, to compliment Blackstone's findings.

The document describes the different elements found in a sample.

Blackstone could tell you if the engine in general is shedding more materials (or not) than expected. As to the source of those materials, it'd most likely involve physical checks.

Attachments

OP
OP
cocopanda

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Attached is a document that might be worthwhile, to compliment Blackstone's findings.

The document describes the different elements found in a sample.

Blackstone could tell you if the engine in general is shedding more materials (or not) than expected. As to the source of those materials, it'd most likely involve physical checks.
Greatly appreciate this.

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
Is your fluttering sound coming on at certain rpms? When I get above 3k rpms at light throttle I can hear a fluttering sound coming from my passenger side on my gen 2. I can't figure it out. I bought a new set of header gaskets hoping that might be the problem.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cocopanda

cocopanda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2019 Premium GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Is your fluttering sound coming on at certain rpms? When I get above 3k rpms at light throttle I can hear a fluttering sound coming from my passenger side on my gen 2. I can't figure it out. I bought a new set of header gaskets hoping that might be the problem.
My sound comes from the driver side bank and sometimes comes up just when it's just sitting there with no serious gas or any gas on the peddle.

Lonniesgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lonnie
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
My sound comes from the driver side bank and sometimes comes up just when it's just sitting there with no serious gas or any gas on the peddle.

Oh ok, Gotcha.
Sponsored