Sponsored

Florida

B/Stock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' GT350, 16' 2500 Duramax
My wife and I certainly feel for all of the people presently located in Florida and along the coastal locations of Georgia and South Carolina during this catastrophic event.

We live in Aiken, South Carolina (not far from Augusta Georgia) and even though we may have an elderly couple coming to stay with us from Hilton Head this weekend (evacuees) we are happy to open up our home to another family from this forum that cannot find accommodations/shelter up this way.

Sleeping arrangements may come to sleeping on couches, air mattresses, etc. but will do the best that we can.

If the elderly couple decide to ride out the hurricane and not come we may be able to take an additional family in but will not know anything until later today.

PM me with your contact information and we will do what we can to help out a family in need!

;)
That is one amazing offer and all of us from Florida greatly appreciate it! I will be ridin the storm out...hopefully the impact windows will hold.
Sponsored

Voo Doo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ric
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT DHG
Andrew at top...Irma on the bottom. Size comparison. This is huge guys!! East coast will sustain much if her winds 150-175!!
IMG_0077.JPG

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
down on business American was one flight attendant short yesterday cancelled last flight out to Chicago almost a riot at west palm beach I am stuck heading to Vero beach 6 mile inland in the am. it is going to big blow probably can not get out until Tuesday Wednesday good news my car is in production now I goota survive this shit

Sponsored

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
Took a friend 13 hours to get to the Georgia border from Tampa area today, I fear leaving now would have us stuck in traffic as there aren't any hotels available and I have a dog. Riding it out with a generator that I'm going to plug Target for shipping a 120lb package Next Day Air to get here for an additional $15 charge. I actually called their customer service # to thank them.

Thanks to the other well wishers and @PP0001 thank you for offering your home to forum members, that's just good ppl right there.
Clink, we are dog friendly as we love all animals so you are all welcome if you can make it up this far on the weekend!

:cheers:

v-man

Still Plays With Cars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt 350 LB Black stripe
thank you all leaving Hutchinson island south tomorrow looks like it is swinging west a bit bad for Tampa good for us or better for us east coasters

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Clearwater area by OTOW, I have tons of water if you or anyone needs any.
Someone told me they brought their car to the hard rock parking garage. Might give that a shot. Also there's a high school in st Pete at high elevation...exposed but no flood risk.

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Got the car all tucked in next to my wife's new supercharged A6. I picked up some KY jelly in anticipation of the ass raping I am going to get from Irma. Give it hell guys, if there is anything I can do for anybody I am in Lakeland. Got a generator and some supplies. Hit me up if you are in the area and need a hand.
20170908_225652 (1).jpg

EF300

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2020 GT500 CFTP
Someone told me they brought their car to the hard rock parking garage. Might give that a shot. Also there's a high school in st Pete at high elevation...exposed but no flood risk.
Hey I can get you a spot in a hospital garage in Lakeland if you want. its a safe place. Let me know.

Sponsored

jefc73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff GTFO_0019
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
YOu guys in FLA be careful and nothing stupid. great idea with the 350's in cement garages. :thumbsup:

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
East Orlando here, got my cars up in the air on jack stands in the garage. As long as we don't see 30+ inches of rain, everything should be safe from the flood waters. Going to set up sandbags tomorrow for more protection.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I used to work in the office building next to the Grand Hyatt in Tampa, that parking garage has a few spots walled in on 3 sides. Not sure how it does with rain being on the bay but you can go up pretty high.

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
If your not out yet, hunker down. I thought Harvey was bad, this Irma is huge. Good Luck Floridians!

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
Wanted to make sure my Alpha surgical team got in, our Hospital has open unprotected parking only, so I volunteered to get several key folks in, decided not to take high profile vehicle as we were getting a nasty band come thru, and figured best way to check out the weather setting. All went well, trees already down from a short crazy band that came in last night, the band this morning was substantial, saw more branches down and even standing water in some of our lower areas on the way back home. Some areas without power already, even though predicted to move more west I don't like being on the dirty side and how long this will drag on, also don't want to be cocky, Andrew was supposed to hit Ft Lauderdale and in the last minutes jogged hard south and ground zero was So Dade Co.
Trying to convince daughter to leave Tampa now and head to other family in Orlando who have a Hurricane prepped house. For everyone in Florida even though the latest report says winds down to 130 this is still a very serious storm and when it comes up thru the western Everglades the water is very warm, warmer than the Florida straights and might just juice her more. Relief for So Florida will be delayed as no one can get south until the storm clears the entire state and maybe even Georgia and may even be affected if Northern and western parts of state get hit harder. Our county has low lying areas which have been been completely built up extending west as far as they can abutting the Everglades, if the storm surges and dumps lots of rain in that region the low 5 ft levees will be an issue, that will add to the surge issues all along the West Coast of Florida. Pray for everyone's safety, and hopefully the former Governor Bush's prediction of Darwin Award winners will be limited.
Sponsored