Sponsored

Flooded my cupholder LEDs

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Anyone know how much this will cost me to replace or how much the part itself is or the labor intensity involved? Speaking mostly to the guys that added myColor in on their base model.

My ex busted her milkshake in the cupholder trying to be cute regarding my policy of not eating in my car.
Sponsored

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Anyone know how much this will cost me to replace or how much the part itself is or the labor intensity involved? Speaking mostly to the guys that added myColor in on their base model.

My ex busted her milkshake in the cupholder trying to be cute regarding my policy of not eating in my car.
I'm sorry I have nothing beneficial to add, I just have to know if she is now your ex because of this event :lol: :D

It shouldn't be too hard to replace though. You can find videos online how to remove the center console and I would assume its just a few small bolts holding them onto it. Some of the newer models apparently the center console is clipped in real tight around the radio area, I know personally I tried to remove mine and couldn't without fear of breaking it. You have a 2016 though so that might be before they made them "tighter". There's just some clips in the front of the console near the radio, two screws in the storage compartment under the mat, and I believe two screws under the storage compartment mat under the radio.

EDIT: here's a video [ame]

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The cup holder LEDs are a separate part from the rest of the console and wiring and easily replaceable. I believe the part is about $75-100 total on Ford parts.com

OP
OP
RoninRed

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
I'm sorry I have nothing beneficial to add, I just have to know if she is now your ex because of this event :lol: :D

It shouldn't be too hard to replace though. You can find videos online how to remove the center console and I would assume its just a few small bolts holding them onto it. Some of the newer models apparently the center console is clipped in real tight around the radio area, I know personally I tried to remove mine and couldn't without fear of breaking it. You have a 2016 though so that might be before they made them "tighter". There's just some clips in the front of the console near the radio, two screws in the storage compartment under the mat, and I believe two screws under the storage compartment mat under the radio.

EDIT: here's a video
Lol no, but I definitely considered it. I didn't even realize how that read until you pointed it out

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Lol no, but I definitely considered it. I didn't even realize how that read until you pointed it out
I wouldnt have blamed you :lol::lol:
Sponsored