Sponsored

Flat Rock down again! (week commencing April 4th)

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew
Drat.

SpursTedLasso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium, PP & Magneride
Welp the good news is now I can just stop giving a shit for the next few months I guess

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew
Welp the good news is now I can just stop giving a shit for the next few months I guess
Are you waiting on one to be built? Or have yours already?

SpursTedLasso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium, PP & Magneride
Are you waiting on one to be built? Or have yours already?
Waiting, ordered 2 weeks ago though so I did it to my own self. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m just not even worrying anymore, itā€™s gonna be a gooooooood long while. Iā€™ve got anything and everything selected that needs a chip too, so Iā€™m at their mercy.

Sponsored

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
My car was built today. So if it doesn't get shipped out today will there be people next week to ship it out or will I have to wait until the following week?

Like the people who ship the car out are they part of the production team or is there a separate department for that?

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
My car was built today. So if it doesn't get shipped out today will there be people next week to ship it out or will I have to wait until the following week?

Like the people who ship the car out are they part of the production team or is there a separate department for that?
That's an interesting question. Most production plants these days have some kind of QA department, so does that happen after the car is "built" or is it not considered "built" until QA is complete and the car passed?

And also, as I suggested in another thread, cars can be completed but sit waiting for missing parts for weeks or even months, depending on supply chain issues and what parts are missing.

From what I've been reading here, it seems that once the car has been shipped, you'll get another email with a delivery ETA, so you may just want to try and chill until that shows up. Best wishes for you!

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350

When they shut down in Feb it seemed like there were a lot of orders just hanging out. I wouldn't get your hopes up.

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
considering its raining mostly this week and I wouldn't be driving the car anyways then I figure I only count the days not raining and its only 3 days extra I am waiting.

How to make time go faster?

Zent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 GT Premium
Whoa wth, yesterday my window sticker footer date changed to 4-1-22, and this morning its back to 3-30-22, my car going back in time with production??

Sponsored

moomoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Whoa wth, yesterday my window sticker footer date changed to 4-1-22, and this morning its back to 3-30-22, my car going back in time with production??
My blend date at top was 3/28/22, and my footer date was 3/26/22. The footer date seemed to stay static on mine (unless I missed a fluctuation).

StigyAus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Waiting, ordered 2 weeks ago though so I did it to my own self. Thatā€™s why Iā€™m just not even worrying anymore, itā€™s gonna be a gooooooood long while. Iā€™ve got anything and everything selected that needs a chip too, so Iā€™m at their mercy.
Iā€™m an Aussie, ordered at the start of May 21. Hoping for it to be built mid April. Iā€™m just thinking waiting a couple of weeks for it to be built, could be worse ā€¦. šŸ„ŗ

22GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2020 f150 xlt, 2013 avenger 3.6l, 2017 f350 srw xl
My car was built on Feb 14th. Still waiting for shipping.

Dave in GVegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 XLT Supercrew
You must have ordered the optional Flux Capacitor package.

They probably built the car this November, then went back in time to build it 3 days ago.
Sponsored