Flat Plane Engine Vibration?

DaveH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche, Tech Pack
Yep, should've kept it, I got offered $50k more than I paid for it just this month as a cash buy from a dealer!
Sponsored

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
Man I guess my sensory detectors need turned up because I don't feel any of what others are saying at all. Maybe a bit in the shifter but nothing beyond that. Maybe my focus is just else where.

I'll test again. Then again and again

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
With the Voodoo engine this is not exactly true. It would be true if we were talking about a Ferrari FPC. A typical inline-4 cylinder is arranged Up-Down-Down-Up, with a FPC V8 being Up-Down-Down-Up-Down-Down-Up.

The Voodoo is arranged Up-Down-Up-Down-Up-Down-Up-Down.
Right - similar. Note I didn't say identical.

It'd be more comparable if you were talking about a straight-8. But being arranged into a V creates forces on two planes instead of one, which would lead to more vibration.
Still pretty much like two 4 cylinders attached together. Having more mass and a V arrangement actually stiffens the assembly and helps to quell vibration compared to a straight arrangement.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
My 8 second fox body had a driveshaft weight come off once while doing a pass, that made more vibrations then my shelby at wot. It's nothing to worry about. It's not like a riding lawnmower or a 4 seat prop airplane. My transit connect work van vibrates more at idle and wot then the shelby. And I'm wot all the time in the transit. It's got a 1600 pound payload and I have that in it to the max. All my tools, air compressor, 2 snap on tool boxes, scan tools, supplies, etc. no worries.
Sponsored