Sponsored

First Supercharged GT350- 819rwhp/605rwtq Whipple Power!!

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hi Jared,

When a customer asks for something and you say that there is really no reason... you are unequivocally saying that this customer's wants aren't a reason... This is an attitude of indifference. It most certainly doesn't express a spirit of concern for a customers goals.

Something like, "I'm sorry at this time we have no real #s for pump gas. Right now we are trying to optimize power while retaining a safe dependable tune. However we know that you aren't the only customer who would be interested in a 93/91 octane version with good/safe power. We will be working on it once we have the e85 version where we want it and look forward to having just what you and other customers are interested in. As always you guys the reason we do this"

Something like that would have attitude .......of the PROPER kind. Just my opinion.
That would be like bitching to Forgeline about wanting them to make a wheel that was flow form processed instead of fully forged. Good luck...
Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I agree, they're a great vendor, which is why I thought the indifferent attitude to pump numbers was a bit uncharacteristic, that's all. I'm not saying they should go immediately put pump gas in their car when its not ready for it. And if pump numbers are eventually coming, great, because that's what I'm interested in too :)
They said they don't plan to run pump gas is that car (ie their shop car), I don't think that means they never plan to offer a pump gas tune. If a customer wants it, im sure they can offer a pump gas tune.

The numbers for lower boost is also a good indication of what you should expect on pump. Less boost and thus much less power without the additional knock resistance of E85

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
My guess is on pump gas you can probably get very close numbers staying n/a and not adding all the extra weight and heat, reduction in handling, etc etc.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
even with pump I don't think you can boost the torque without some type of FI. HP max might be close.

How heavy is the Whipple setup. I would probably just go to the stiffer R front springs first.

Heat scares the shit out of me, Look how many z06s go limp after 1-2 laps at 650/650. That car likely has much more inherent cooling being built for the SC and they still fucked it up especially for the A8.

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Any update on the car? Have you been driving it at all?
A video of a drive by would be great as would a drag strip pass. :thumbsup:
Waiting for the McLeod clutch to come in before we can really apply any power on the street. We'll be sure to let everyone know when that time comes.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Waiting for the McLeod clutch to come in before we can really apply any power on the street. We'll be sure to let everyone know when that time comes.
Awesome Derek.
Will be on the lookout.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
As mentioned before we really don't have any interest at this time in running pump gas on our car. I'm sorry that you or anyone else may not like that but it's a decision I made which I'm comfortable with.

As far as the kit goes the tuning for it isn't available yet. I'm sure before tuning and the complete kit is released we will have pump gas numbers available.

For anyone interested we do have some numbers at lower boost levels. Still on E85 but figured I'd share them with the group.

642rwhp@7psi
[email protected]

Thanks, Jared
Thanks for numbers! Those sound representative of switching from E85(assume 115oct equivalent) to 93octane.
650-700rwhp on a GT350 93 would still be extremely desirable.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Still waiting for the clutch?
I'm getting anxious. :eyebulge: lol

Sponsored

SixteenTP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Are the Pistons and Rods in the GT350 forged like they were in the Cobra/Cobra R? I wonder how long the stock stuff will last at this power level.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
The first thing to go since the clutch is gonna be new will be the transmission. Unless they run slicks then it'll be the axles.