Sponsored

First Real World Video Review?? 2018 GT (10 Speed AUTO)!

Lucky13Cat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Purple
One could argue that the digital center cluster is actually a way more efficient means of communicating vital information such as RPM and speed because of the freedom to view that information in a style the user wants. IMO, the two fairly deep set analog gauges on the Mustangs are anything but quick to read. At least the typeface they used on the S550 is easier on the eyes then the horrid retro S197 gauges.
Hey! my eyes only hurt a little bit after driving my car today :eyebulge:lol
Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
:shrug::confused:

For what they're communicating, they're incredibly easy to read, and no harder than any other car I've driven in the last 15 years. Adjust your seat position if you can't see/read them properly.
There is basically no angle at which you could position your head to be able to see both the tach and the speedometer without one of them being slightly obstructed by the deep bezels they sit in. The Mustang is probably one of the only cars in recent history where you can't even take a photo of it to clearly see both gauges without obstruction, and that's trying to get a perfect perspective with a camera, which is usually much easier to do than where you could position your own eyes.

mindys

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mindaugas
Vehicle(s)
2020 VW GTI SE
There is basically no angle at which you could position your head to be able to see both the tach and the speedometer without one of them being slightly obstructed by the deep bezels they sit in. The Mustang is probably one of the only cars in recent history where you can't even take a photo of it to clearly see both gauges without obstruction, and that's trying to get a perfect perspective with a camera, which is usually much easier to do than where you could position your own eyes.
Hmm, I don't have issues with reading the gauges. I think they are fine. I agree with the disaster that the retro gauges in the S197 were. Difficult to read!!! :eyebulge:

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
For me, nostalgia and a throwback to my youth when in the big deal in muscle and pony cars was when the sometimes optional “gauge pack” was the thing.
A tachometer was a big thing in the ‘60s.
Mustang is (for me anyway) a somewhat retro car and over doing the flashy electronics is for the game boy crowd youngsters. IMHO

V8, rear wheel drive and “stick shift” is as American as apple pie and hot dogs! :clap2:
TBH, I like the flair of the 5th gen lettering on the speedo. It's a cool retro touch that I was sad to see change for the 15.

Cheeto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 MDX
The distraction factor is a problem in general today with phones, music, texting etc.
I actually saw a woman eating a bowel of cereal while driving.

I wonder if the screen can only be changed while stopped like navigation.
She was eating a bowel of cereal? That's impressively revolting.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Guess we'll have to agree to disagree. I have no issue seeing either at the same time or reading what is there.

OP
OP
SVTDSM

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
????

Camera in my normal head position.

I shift my head slightly as needed to see whatever gauge is slightly obscured. If high rpm is relevant low mph isn't, etc.

Sponsored

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
You are correct. There is very slight obstruction to one part of one gauge depending on what I need/want to see. So?
That's why you need the new LCD digital dash. ;)

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
Maybe if you have eyes like a hammerhead shark or Oprah Winfrey. If you don't you'll have no issues lol

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
That's why you need the new LCD digital dash. ;)
But I don't need/want much of the other stuff that comes with it.

FYI I'm fine with the gauges and have been for 30K miles in my 15. My 18 will be a 301A.

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
????

Camera in my normal head position.

I shift my head slightly as needed to see whatever gauge is slightly obscured. If high rpm is relevant low mph isn't, etc.
So your head is offset to the left side of your body? Interesting.