Sponsored

First mods to the '18 design

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Hypothetically I've taken delivery of a new '18 GT. Here's my list of upgrades for a street friendly build to make it mine:

1) replace the hood. Maybe something like the Anderson composite carbon. I like the flat profile with recesses finned louvers. Should complement the lower front end.
2) replace chin spoiler with a deeper design (closer to the ground)
3) moderate tint to the turn signal lights below the headlight
4) Rousch rear spoiler
5) 19-20" RTR wheels

What about your list?
Sponsored

Lionorion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Family minivan (for now)
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't seen one in person, but I fell in love with the s550 in photos first, and I have to say the refresh for the s550 does nothing for me, so I'd replace the hood, lights, grille, bumper cover and lower air dam with a 2015-17 front end!

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Front Fascia

REPLACE - REPLACE - REPLACE....

Then change the hood vents ! :cheers:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
I will go with black rims, then paint the mirrors and vents black and add White dual and rockerstripes. I think that's enough to make it look totally awesome :headbang:

attachment.jpg

Reactions: TDC

Sponsored

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
I will go with black rims, then paint the mirrors and vents black and add White dual and rockerstripes. I think that's enough to make it look totally awesome :headbang:

attachment.jpg
Basically the same as above, but in Magnetic with black stripes (maybe black pony emblem as well).

jasonlycett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar f typ V8S, Ford GT40 (Superformance)
some lowering springs, wider 20 inch wheels, deeper front splitter and blacken the front pony badge

Tom C

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible
I'm thinking of NOT doing any mods, or very minimal adds at least. Blasphemy, I know.

One possible exceptions might be the exhaust. I'd like to sample the active exhaust first...if it's not pleasing enough then I won't order that option and wait for aftermarket axlebacks instead. If I can duplicate the sound of the GT500 mufflers on my current '14 GT I'd be OK with that.

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
I might buy a set of mats.
I love the new design and any modding I do will just mess it up. I have a set of new winter tyres in my shed (destined for my '17 order, but will fit the '18) and will need a set of cheap winter wheels, but that's it.

In my mind there is nothing to beat a 100% original car owned from new.

From the Durham Police...

Exhausts
The vast majority of large or big bore exhausts are illegal for use on public roads. The fact they may have passed an MOT test is irrelevant as this only checks for exhaust gasses and emission legislation compliance.
Big bore and sports exhaust systems are usually fitted to increase the sound emitted and this contravenes the Type Approval of the vehicle, which is an offence.
There is no requirement for police to measure the sound level from the exhaust system, it only requires an opinion that the system is not standard and that it is noisier than a normal vehicle of the same specification.
It is not an offence to sell these exhaust systems, but it is an offence to fit one to your vehicle and drive it on a public road. Motorists who do so would be reported to court and may face a fine and court costs.
Not in to the modding scene then?

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Probably pay it off, pretty good mod IMO.

Tint is the only thing necessary and wheels are a potential depending on what package I end up with..

Sponsored

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Not in to the modding scene then?
Im not against a few small mods as needed but for the most part, I agree with this guy. Seems a lot of folks modify stuff just for the sake of modifying stuff. People want black badges just to be different. If these cars came with black badges, people would be getting aftermarket chrome badges.

Ctease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Throw away engine cover and any other gross plastic decoration, Fatter rims & stickier tires, aluminum lug nuts, coilovers, caster/camber plates, 2pc rotors F&R, aluminum driveshaft, lightweight flywheel & stronger/more durable clutch, lighter battery, engine mounts, racing seats... then intake, header & exhaust and tune. finally play with different brake pad, tires and pretend I know how to adjust coilovers & alignment.

Nukem501

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Shelby GT500
From the Durham Police...

Exhausts
The vast majority of large or big bore exhausts are illegal for use on public roads. The fact they may have passed an MOT test is irrelevant as this only checks for exhaust gasses and emission legislation compliance.
Big bore and sports exhaust systems are usually fitted to increase the sound emitted and this contravenes the Type Approval of the vehicle, which is an offence.
There is no requirement for police to measure the sound level from the exhaust system, it only requires an opinion that the system is not standard and that it is noisier than a normal vehicle of the same specification.
It is not an offence to sell these exhaust systems, but it is an offence to fit one to your vehicle and drive it on a public road. Motorists who do so would be reported to court and may face a fine and court costs.
:tsk:

Get the loudest stock exhaust you can lol :ninja:

I sometimes take for granted where I live has no noise ordinance regarding exhaust.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
1) replace the hood. Maybe something like the Anderson composite carbon. I like the flat profile with recesses finned louvers. Should complement the lower front end.
One article I read about the '18 said the hood line was lowered about an inch, so the 15-17 hoods may not fit, idk.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
CAI, springs, better tires, LTH w/ x pipe. Going to listen to as many sound clips for the active exhaust. Would like to keep it but have a more aggressive sound with the capabilities.
Sponsored