Sponsored

First Look Inside Next-Gen GT350 Mustang (S550) Prototype!

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I just want to know if the Voodoo motor will be larger than 5.0 and if I can grab a voodoo shortblock and use it with my Boss motor for now lol. That would hold me off for a little while.

It would probably be a year or more after the release of the car before the engine is available as a crate engine from FRPP. I don't even know if the Coyote is available as a shortblock from FRPP even. Would probably come complete or not at all.
Sponsored

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Has GT350 gone into hiding?

This thread was originally posted by Jarstang on April 1st............we're now on May 5th and I don't recall seeing a single spyshot since then.

Given it looks like the GT350 has now slipped from the Order Banks (see Brian's post from yesterday), plus thoughts that it was only ever going to see production in CY 2015 anyway, have the SVT boys (and associated 3rd parties) taken their foot off the gas?. I sure hope not.

I know Ford are looking to launch a record number of new cars this year, so I can appreciate resources are stretched, and I'm sure GT350 development is still underway (as indicated by DMV)......but I'm just impatient :headbonk:

Last known spy shot :bump:
attachment.jpg

Sponsored

motoroid65

When you see the test cars being driven on public roads you are only seeing what they want you to see and I would bet that camo on the front end is not coming off until the car is revealed. It's very little to do with the progress of development. The real testing is mostly done in wind tunnels, private tracks, etc.

I would take from the fact that the options and order codes for the SVT vehicle are already defined to be a good sign that it is not too far away.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Yep, not expecting to see her shed any more camo before release, but seeing this level of development usually leads us to believe production isn't too far off.

I 'pose that's what I'm getting at. There no clear indication as to when we'll see GT350 revealed. What shows/events are coming up that would make sense? Many thought NY in April, but that didn't come to pass. Do we now wait until LA in December? Detroit in January? There's usually a rumour or two, but we've got nada :)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Still around

[ame]

Sponsored

Frizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got 4 wheels
Shame there was no clear sound of the engine. Really would love to hear a flat plane crank sound.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Shame there was no clear sound of the engine. Really would love to hear a flat plane crank sound.
You would be lucky.....to date they have ALL been glorious, very mean and evil cross-plane engines, which many have identified as having similar aural characteristics to the current GT500 5.8.:)

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
If there were a car running around with an FPC V8 the sound would confuse a lot of people. I'd bet they could put the engine into a base model for testing and most people would assume they were hearing the V6 or ecoboost engine as long as they stayed out of the throttle. FPC engines sound lame just putting around at low RPM's.

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I think I like the IDEA of a flat plane crank (low mass, more responsive, RACECAR), more than the actual product. I may be a bit odd, but there's something about the uneven burble of a cross-plane V8 that to me just sounds great, even at idle, and the smoothness of the power delivery exudes a feeling of effortlessness that might be missing from a flat-plane crank version.

But, I do like the sounds of the Ferrari 458, so a flat-plane may not be all bad.

-T
Sponsored