Sponsored

First 2016 Shelby GT350 Owner.. Finally Got One!

_M_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Mustang
When I picked up my 05 it had paint drips that were actually from the dealer trying to repair road damage from transport. They were going to repaint the panels but I just let it go and worked them down with some wet sanding.

You know it is just a Mustang, but it's a $60K-$70K dollar mustang and stuff like that just irritates me that they couldn't step it up just a bit in the QC.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rypkr937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Coyote Premium
14 yours?

I love the car for what it is and it is perfect (so far). It is however, a Mustang. It was sent down an assembly line and touched by XXX amount of people and robots. If it was a McLaren or a Pagani I'd expect for the car to have none of the issues I've found so far.

Some minor issues ima get worked out are.

-The Driver door does not shut as easily as the other door or my other cars.
-The rear view mirror shakes so bad all the cars behind me are blurry (And it was not because I hit 88mph and was about to go back in time).
-A little paint drop on the front left corner panel.
-The rear bumper has an unsightly gap in it.
-One of the stripes has a bubble in it. My dealer said he already called Ford about it and they are apparently sending a team out to fix.

Again I know this car was built for performance. It is not a high end luxury sports car, and that is why I said "I love the car for what it is and it is perfect"
But how are the AC seats

whysoblu

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.whysoblu.com
Vehicle(s)
2006 GT Premium, 2015 GT Premium 50th Ann. Edition
Yep. It should be perfect for that kind of money. I will spend hours going over mine before I say I'll take it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
When I picked up my 05 it had paint drips that were actually from the dealer trying to repair road damage from transport. They were going to repaint the panels but I just let it go and worked them down with some wet sanding.

You know it is just a Mustang, but it's a $60K-$70K dollar mustang and stuff like that just irritates me that they couldn't step it up just a bit in the QC.
I agree 100%. Yes, it's a lot of things for that money but Ford shouldn't forget the basics in the process. Many "lesser" manufacturers have these QC issues quelled - and have for years.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
From what I've seen on the dealer lots I think the paint job on the 16's is better then the $65k corvettes out there. Very little orange peel. I saw a black one and it almost looked show quality. No complaints from my experience.

Qtrhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP
From what I've seen on the dealer lots I think the paint job on the 16's is better then the $65k corvettes out there. Very little orange peel. I saw a black one and it almost looked show quality. No complaints from my experience.
Never had any friends with paint issues on their C7 Corvettes, but I do know that due to EPA restrictions ALL manufacturers are having issues with paint quality

2L8IWON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Some minor issues ima get worked out are.

-The Driver door does not shut as easily as the other door or my other cars.
I have the same issue with my 16 GT.

Congrats on the purchase. You should call JLT, I am SURE he is looking for a GT350 to test some prototype parts on.

Take care, look forward to seeing you around
Jesse

2L8IWON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Which meet did you take her to yesterday?

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Sometimes I wonder if people know what they are looking at when they refer to orange peel. I've looked at numerous GTs on the lot and they all have some degree of orange peel and not one is what I consider glass/show quality. A buddy has a black one and it has a small/moderate/but acceptable amount of orange peel.

The only GT350s I've seen without it look to have been rubbed out/custom painted. The liquid show car and one of their RR Rs looked perfect.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Are you talking about the driver side view mirror? Or the rear view in the car? Bc my driver side view mirror drives me nuts it shakes so bad. Not the assembly itself, just the glass. If I adjust it in more it gets better but it annoys the shit out of me. Others have reported the same thing.
Interesting. I would have expected he was talking about the mirror inside the car. That mirror shakes on my 2015. I was hoping they would fix that for 2016. Most of the time it doesn't bother me, but when I really want to see if that's a cop behind me...:cool:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Sometimes I wonder if people know what they are looking at when they refer to orange peel. I've looked at numerous GTs on the lot and they all have some degree of orange peel and not one is what I consider glass/show quality. A buddy has a black one and it has a small/moderate/but acceptable amount of orange peel.

The only GT350s I've seen without it look to have been rubbed out/custom painted. The liquid show car and one of their RR Rs looked perfect.
I said "almost show "quality not show quality.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This is awesome!
Congrats to all whom got their GT350 already! Enjoy. :cheers:

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Congrats. A co-worker saw my 2015 and now he wants a GT350. I also saw lots of people when I picked up my car. A guy was trying to sell me the extended warranty package-I told him I didn't need it. He says why not?

I told him I am getting a GT350 in a couple years. He goes "Oh......" That was the end of the sales pitch. He didn't have anything else to say-he just sat there with his mouth open for a few seconds. I thought that was very funny.
Sponsored