Fire the engineer

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
who thought it was a good idea to put the power steering computer connectors directly under the oil filter. Could they not have just face the connectors any other way or at least put some sort of funnel under the oil filter to direct the oil away from them? /rant
Sponsored

andrew.k

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Fastback, Magnetic, 051A, MT, 3.55
who thought it was a good idea to put the power steering computer connectors directly under the oil filter. Could they not have just face the connectors any other way or at least put some sort of funnel under the oil filter to direct the oil away from them? /rant
DR - Do you have a picture of the connectors? Ford is doing all of my oil changes (included in the sale) and I am worried that they will not give a shit when draining the oil filter. Have you figured out a way to cover the connectors or are you just diligent when doing your changes?

six_shooter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 DIB, 2018 HD Iron 1200
I use a plastic shopping bag and cover the computer. It is also best to unscrew it a bit at a time, and stop when it just starts to drain. Completely backing it off will result in a huge mess.

The dealer probably wont be as careful as you doing it yourself. My dealer has also slightly over filled it the two times I took it there. As always if you want the best results and lowest price do it yourself.

OP
OP
DR_

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
No I don't have a picture of the power steering computer and the connector arrangement but it is the same as the GT and they have the same issue and have seen pictures over on that forum. I suspect any oil change jockey will have a form-a-funnel or something similar to reduce the problem.

BE6Pony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Procharged 15 V6 / Focus ST / 14 Fiesta S

When I unscrew the filter I put a funnel up there and not a drop gets on them it goes directly to the drain pain so just get a skinny long funnel.

Sponsored

Biffosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Fusion Sport
Steering and powertrain are separate groups here. This was probably the result of using a steering setup that's similar to existing cars and plopping it into a platform with a north-south engine. It's little stuff like this that can slip through the cracks of vehicle integration.