Sponsored

Find all your Mustang equipments with Ford ETIS and your VIN

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
My car was ordered in May, produced on June 1st and my initial delivery in VISTA was 1.8. - however now it says 8.8.
Sponsored

Ferdelance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gianluca
Vehicle(s)
Peugeot
My Pony, on the basis of COTUS and our hypothesis, should be onboard of WWL's Freedom heading for Bremerhaven. It should arrive there on June 23rd.

However, my dealer just mailed me that VISTA gives the ETA on August 22nd... :(

Why 3 months from production to delivery????
Maybe it takes time for import customs operations. :doh:

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
Was talking to a cargo train driver a few days ago, he said not to be surprised if the cars stay on the docks for another month or so...

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Will do!! I sent an email to my dealer yesterday, but am still awaiting answer....:paddle:
Well, I have terrible news! My dealer confirmed that their system shows delivery about August 15, which is frankly disgraceful. I have requested to be sent a screenshot to double check the info as appearing. I am thinking of raising a claim to Ford Spain for this, I hope they may explain properly the reasons why delivery and customs clearance take 3 months since production is completed. I will check also tomorrow the standard terms and conditions applicable to the sale contract. May be I am wrong but I would rather remind that a delay as such is basis enough for termination of contract at purchaser's option.

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Well, I have terrible news! My dealer confirmed that their system shows delivery about August 15, which is frankly disgraceful. I have requested to be sent a screenshot to double check the info as appearing. I am thinking of raising a claim to Ford Spain for this, I hope they may explain properly the reasons why delivery and customs clearance take 3 months since production is completed. I will check also tomorrow the standard terms and conditions applicable to the sale contract. May be I am wrong but I would rather remind that a delay as such is basis enough for termination of contract at purchaser's option.
I don't know where the very optimistic june/july delivery claims came from in other countries. I have always been told (from the start in january) it would be 2nd half of August, but realistically (according to my dealer) early September 2015.

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
EU Mustang GT Fastback/Auto/Ruby Red/PP/Alarm
When i placed my order in mid March, my dealer first said mid May delivery. Then it became end June and now end July. It probably means early to mid August.

Not nice having to wait but what can one do? Absolutely nothing!

A MB C Class that i ordered in 2006 took 5 months and my current Audi took 3.5 months.....

R3v

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT MT & Recaro
I don't know where the very optimistic june/july delivery claims came from in other countries. I have always been told (from the start in january) it would be 2nd half of August, but realistically (according to my dealer) early September 2015.
It comes from VISTA, many of us got their deliveries in late July / early August in VISTA. We will see tho...

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When Europeans will take MY2015 cars, Americans will take MY2016....

:doh:

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Well It's still 2015 for quite a bit longer so... :)

Sponsored

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
I think the EDD is the date when our cars are supposed to enter the port and/or ship. Think of it as the last "dealer" in the US (like the EDD for US cars are the actual dealer before delivery to customer). Makes sense in my case.....

Car came out of production on 6/5 and only last night did COTUS update showing in transit since 28/5 (!). Took them 12 days to show the update....

Mtg66gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Conv 66 GT, Coupe 15 GT
on my order I have a delivery date of 15 July (1 of 500) :paddle: :shrug::headbonk:

NewMustangDE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrik
Vehicle(s)
on my order I have a delivery date of 15 July (1 of 500) :paddle: :shrug::headbonk:
If your online status shows delivery date of 15th July, then don't expect the car until September. Ford have officially informed the dealers that transit takes 50-70 days from date of "in transit" on COTUS.

Terribly long....:shrug:

friendgr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Let's hope this delay is because of the first time (customs paperwork, approvals for completely new model etc).
Maybe next deliveries will be shorter.

garbancillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MUSTANG GT 10R80
Not in my case, the delivery date that dealer gave to me comes much earlier, although in the contract documentation was cautious enough to put end of July. Even though, the actual delivery date will be later indeed.
Sponsored