Sponsored

Financing question

Simonoles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Getz 2009
I had a similar experience when I was hunting for my dream car. Financing became required for most of the cars I checked out on the market. So, let me offer this piece of advice based on my experience: Applying for a loan can indeed be a smart choice, but don't be lured in by flashy advertisements or smooth-talking salespeople. Take the time to carefully examine the terms and conditions of a loan. There's plenty of info on this topic out there. Your wallet will thank you when you're cruising in that dream car with peace of mind.
Sponsored

Last edited:

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Finance manager adds interest rate points to what the banks offer. They get the difference.
That explains why the finance guy was eyeballing me when I was negotiating with the sales guy on my car and when I said no to their 7% and 4.5%... and agreed to the 1.9%... the whole time I was signing papers he seemed really cranky towards me... if I didn't really want the car I would have left. Makes sense now.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
That explains why the finance guy was eyeballing me when I was negotiating with the sales guy on my car and when I said no to their 7% and 4.5%... and agreed to the 1.9%... the whole time I was signing papers he seemed really cranky towards me... if I didn't really want the car I would have left. Makes sense now.
Yep. Notice how the LAST thing they want to talk about is APR…..First thing and the only focus is monthly “payment”. People only seem to care about that, and the finance manager is taught to focus on the payment options.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep. Notice how the LAST thing they want to talk about is APR…..First thing and the only focus is monthly “payment”. People only seem to care about that, and the finance manager is taught to focus on the payment options.
Yea, makes sense… first thing he brought up was what I wanted my payment at.. I said I don’t care about that, I care about the interest rate, get me where I wanna be with that and I’ll pay whatever the payment is. He kept trying to bring it up, I just had to say again I don’t care what it is, I care about the rate. Finally he stopped.
Sponsored