Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Mine will be at home waiting for me when I get off work!!

It's been a long time coming!

As I tell my buddies, "Do you know what the MG in MGW stands for?"

More Gooder!

The W? Winning!!
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I already miss seeing it's beauty in person but I will NEVER miss using it. I will just have to come back here to see pics of pre-installs of it.

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I already miss seeing it's beauty in person but I will NEVER miss using it. I will just have to come back here to see pics of pre-installs of it.

That shift knob looks amazing! I ordered one last week, I can't wait to see it. I got tried of waiting on my Anarchy Motive knob.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
there's always the idea of not going crazy with the locktite too! like a drop or two, not slathered by the whole bottle.
Don't know how you know that but you are absolutely 100% correct. So many feel that more is always better which in the case of thread locker for an application such as this, simply isn't necessary.

Sponsored

USPSALIMITED

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G6 GT PP Guard
Don't know how you know that but you are absolutely 100% correct. So many feel that more is always better which in the case of thread locker for an application such as this, simply isn't necessary.
I do not care how anybody else uses loctite, it is a free world.

For what it is worth, the manufacturer says several drops http://www.loctite.co.uk/threadlocking-how-to-apply-instructions-9567.htm

I believe this is because there are times when you want to insure full coverage & the excess just gets squeezed out anyway.

Since MGW did not state that a special technique, contrary to the manufacturers instructions, was appropriate, Ima figurin it ain't.

No worries.

Brad2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
What does everything think of MGW gripper knob?

BTM

I redline at 11,000rpm
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Thunder Roadster GT-R / ST3
This is not exactly Brad's question, but I went with the traditional smooth ball on mine, and it never feels slippery at all.

Sponsored

mm2015

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
So which shifter would you guys recommend? Lethal Performance is having a 20% off sale on the Barton shifter, coming in at $359.

Brad2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT PP
I had the white hurst on my 06 mustang years ago and loved it. Just having a hard time deciding. Does the weighted knob really make a difference?

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
So which shifter would you guys recommend? Lethal Performance is having a 20% off sale on the Barton shifter, coming in at $359.
Get the MGW. There will be no regrets.

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Thats a great price! But I guess it comes down to, do you want a chassis mounted shifter? Or one that moves with the transmission and acts more like a top-loader. I believe the barton you can also buy addons for a driveshaft safety loop as well.

So, I just need to grab a few tools and I'll be tackling the install today. Going to have the laptop out there with me so I can watch that video step by step.
I know for sure i'll need some interior trim tools, and a stubby ratcheting 10mm wrench if I can find one.

OP
OP
Obsol3te

Obsol3te

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Welp, 3 quarts later tranny fluid finally changed. Went with Amsoil Synchromesh.
About to start the shifter install right now. I cant really give you an accurate time as to how long its going to take, because ive got a couple brats running around the house i have to keep checkin on. But, hopefully im done in a few hours.

Woo! time for a completely new feel to the whole shifting side of the stang!
Synchromesh.jpg
Sponsored