Fender Bender on way home from work

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
Had a rut roh on my way home. I'm so mad, not sure if i can stay away from a claim or not but now weighing options to go back factory or take the opportunity to go with a Roush Front Fascia. Don't know what might be damaged beneath the factory fascia. Blinker housing is loose but works and right fog light does not work. I know I lost several clips under wheel well. Ugh! :frusty::frusty: So mad!
Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
Had a rut roh on my way home. I'm so mad, not sure if i can stay away from a claim or not but now weighing options to go back factory or take the opportunity to go with a Roush Front Fascia. Don't know what might be damaged beneath the factory fascia. Blinker housing is loose but works and right fog light does not work. I know I lost several clips under wheel well. Ugh! :frusty::frusty: So mad!
Not sure what your deductible is but from personal experience (I was "lightly" rear ended) the repair costs add up quick. Might be better of just filing a claim and getting it perfect but def get a body shop to give you an estimate first.

Just be aware that there could be hidden damage they won't find until they actually take it apart to fix it. The supplement on my repair was like 6x the original estimate.

Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP Mustang GT
I had someone back into my Boss front bumper,a little nick in the bumper was 1100 bucks.....I can't imagine real damage costs

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
Not sure what your deductible is but from personal experience (I was "lightly" rear ended) the repair costs add up quick. Might be better of just filing a claim and getting it perfect but def get a body shop to give you an estimate first.

Just be aware that there could be hidden damage they won't find until they actually take it apart to fix it. The supplement on my repair was like 6x the original estimate.
$500 deductible

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
I had someone back into my Boss front bumper,a little nick in the bumper was 1100 bucks.....I can't imagine real damage costs
Trying to figure out how to post pic from my iPad

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Oh no! What happened? Lose it under heavy acceleration or just bump someone in traffic or something? Either way, sorry to hear it...

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
Oh no! What happened? Lose it under heavy acceleration or just bump someone in traffic or something? Either way, sorry to hear it...
Lady in front of me at a stop sign. She took off, so I thought. As I was looking up the road for oncoming traffic I didn't notice that she must have slammed on her brakes and chose not to go although she could have (since no one was coming) and bumped her. Maybe 1 mph bump which is enough, but you know, just enough to piss you off! :rant:
Accident.JPG

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Even minor damage can be expensive - I hit a raccoon (bloody thing LEPT from the brush at my headlight) in my SHO. It broke the inner wheel well liner and a couple clips. It also scuffed the paint on the bumper - total cost was right at $1000. Gahhhhh

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
Lady in front of me at a stop sign. She took off, so I thought. As I was looking up the road for oncoming traffic I didn't notice that she must have slammed on her brakes and chose not to go although she could have (since no one was coming) and bumped her. Maybe 1 mph bump which is enough, but you know, just enough to piss you off! :rant:
Damn! I think that has probably happened to all of us at some point, easy to do for sure. Sorry to hear it, can be very frustrating. Overall, for mistakes, it is maddening but overall fairly harmless as far as driving mistakes go, especially with the type of car that we all drive. Hope the damage to the wallet is small!

Sponsored

nelson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ford Fusion Energi
I remember when I first got my 2014 v6, I had trouble telling how long the car was when pulling into spots (I only see with one eye). One day I pulled into an auto parts store lot and I bumped one of those 4 foot tall concrete pylons that sit in front of parking spaces at maybe 2 mph. I was so pissed it was such a dumb mistake :frusty: in front of car people mind you.

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
Yeah, I have definitely decided to claim it since the fog light is out. No telling what that part alone will be. Luckily I have a $500 deductible with OEM parts. Body shop said they can even probably get a Roush Fascia cheaper than I can and will throw it on there instead of OEM if I want. Guess we will see how it shakes out. I doubt the other lady will even come into play. She did not speak English and did not have a DL or insurance. I had to tell her to stay at the accident. But wasn't going to make her of course. She said she didn't have a phone or anything so doubt the adjuster going to go banging doors trying to find the lady.

OP
OP
FASTBK

FASTBK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW 5.0 Premium PP
I remember when I first got my 2014 v6, I had trouble telling how long the car was when pulling into spots (I only see with one eye). One day I pulled into an auto parts store lot and I bumped one of those 4 foot tall concrete pylons that sit in front of parking spaces at maybe 2 mph. I was so pissed it was such a dumb mistake :frusty: in front of car people mind you.
Ouch. That is definitely the way I felt. Especially when I jump out and a coworker was behind me and a mess load of other ppl in the intersection. He said the bump was not even noticeable and only figured we had hit once he saw both of us get out. I drive this car on the "twisties" all the time and have a blast. As an ex cop I have had plenty of time at high speeds behind the wheel and know my limits but can't seem to get home from work yesterday without running into a car! Damn... :frusty: :tsk:

highsteaks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP in Magnetic
I had a very similar accident months back. They had to repaint the bumper, replace the impact bar and absorber behind it, and replace the upper grille that cracked. Total repairs were just over $1300. I wish I had taken the opportunity to go Roush.

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
The only issue with filing this claim is that you're rates are going to jump up for the next 3-5 years. Is the person you hit claiming damages as well? If she is, might as well file the claim since you're going to get hit with the increase anyhow. If she's not, then I'd pay for the costs out of pocket. Trust me it's going to cost way more with the increases you get fin an accident than if you paid this out of pocket.
Sponsored