February 2016 Mustang Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
I was pretty confident that camaro sales wouldn't take off like the mustang did, but I did not expect sales to actually drop. That's crazy. Will be interesting to see what happens when the turbo 4 is out.
Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Mustang is also seeing strong sales overseas. Camaro's aren't even being offered here. So on a global sales scale, the difference is even bigger.

Sponsored

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
These Camaro sales numbers are sh!t... even thePill didn't put the numbers this low...

This Mickey Mouse piece of sh!t won't last 3 years :lol:

Glad to see Chevy decided to put brakes and tires on this "Sports Coupe". They also have decided to charge the customer $6000k for it via 1LE...

Let's hope it's 3700lbs :lol: God knows you can't fix that wheelbase and granny track :lol:

I'd love to add Overseas sales to the S550's North American 10k, because this is pathetic...

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
These Camaro sales numbers are sh!t... even thePill didn't put the numbers this low...

This Mickey Mouse piece of sh!t won't last 3 years :lol:

Glad to see Chevy decided to put brakes and tires on this "Sports Coupe". They also have decided to charge the customer $6000k for it via 1LE...

Let's hope it's 3700lbs :lol: God knows you can't fix that wheelbase and granny track :lol:

I'd love to add Overseas sales to the S550's North American 10k, because this is pathetic...
Yay!!!!!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::hail::eyebulge:

Edit: Have they released the price for the 1LE. 6k sounds about right. 44K for that car. I would take it, for sure.

Last edited:

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
They're getting pretty tender on this topic over at Brand X these days..

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
They're getting pretty tender on this topic over at Brand X these days..
I think most think the numbers are expected. It will never sell like the S550. Sorry to the Camaro fanboys, yes I said it, the alpha will just not. It is too expensive.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
I think most think the numbers are expected. It will never sell like the S550. Sorry to the Camaro fanboys, yes I said it, the alpha will just not. It is too expensive.
There is always an argument to be made (and I am sure they will make it) that absolute sales numbers>Mustang was not their goal. After all, the company ultimately measures success in profit. None of us knows their sales targets, and maybe they were trying to push it more upscale to maximize their returns. I highly doubt it, but it is always possible....

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
There is always an argument to be made (and I am sure they will make it) that absolute sales numbers>Mustang was not their goal. After all, the company ultimately measures success in profit. None of us knows their sales targets, and maybe they were trying to push it more upscale to maximize their returns. I highly doubt it, but it is always possible....
Given GM's attitude towards the Corvette and Cadillac..I'd say they're choosing to say "piss off" to the lower and lower middle price ranges and trying to pull in more $$$ per sale to the "people who really deserve to own a Camaro"

GM's attitude lately has been one of forgetting where they came from, being the "heartbeat of America" and have elected to "find new roads"...to fatter profits by charging more for cars that Americans progressively cannot afford.

DiMaio90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Given GM's attitude towards the Corvette and Cadillac..I'd say they're choosing to say "piss off" to the lower and lower middle price ranges and trying to pull in more $$$ per sale to the "people who really deserve to own a Camaro"

GM's attitude lately has been one of forgetting where they came from, being the "heartbeat of America" and have elected to "find new roads"...to fatter profits by charging more for cars that Americans progressively cannot afford.
I'm not sure what you perceive GM's "attitude" towards the corvette and Cadillac to be. How exactly are they saying piss off to the lower and middle price range? Is it because the T4 isn't out yet? Once it is there will be a Camaro offering from 25K up through 50K.

Just to be clear, the only people who "really deserve to own a Camaro" or any car for that matter are the ones who are willing to pay for what it costs. Every car manufacturer is in it for profit. How are they "charging more for cars that Americans progressively cannot afford"?

I agree that the mustang GT is the best bang for your buck for V8 sports coupe. But the Camaro is right behind it in 2nd place lol.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS

I just think they are trying to upscale certain brands. And I am ok with that. They are having very good sales and profits lately. Also, they have lowered the price in a few of their cars. But the 1SS with all the tech and goodies stuffed with it, at $37,000 is a pretty good deal. Not a lot of cars around can do 3.9 seconds to 60, 11s in the 1/4 and get high 20s low 30s MPG on the highway. Pretty awesome metrics given the price of high 30s and completely stock.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.