Sponsored

Fastest drag combo?

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Now bear with me, I know I know the Mustang has evolved beyond simple quarter mile blasts. That being said it's what I know and my background.

It seems to me the hot ticket for a quarter mile killer would be..

Base GT
Auto
3.55 gears
Lightweight battery
lighter cat - back system

Are the weight savings in the Recaro's worth the $1,500 premium they command? I am 6'2 at about 235 and have found Recaro's less than comfortable.

It seems like the above combo would be fairly light and move out quick. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
If it's only a race car then the recaros might mbe worth it. If you are uncomfortable driving with them then i don't think they are worth it if the car will also be a daily driver. That would be a pretty big sacrifice for maybe 50 lbs IMO.

And I assume you aren't considering the PP because a manual is required, which would make the 1/4 times less consistent.

-T

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
If it's only a race car then the recaros might mbe worth it. If you are uncomfortable driving with them then i don't think they are worth it if the car will also be a daily driver. That would be a pretty big sacrifice for maybe 50 lbs IMO.

And I assume you aren't considering the PP because a manual is required, which would make the 1/4 times less consistent.

-T
recaros will save little to no weight on the base car..

beers

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
I honestly don't expect Recaros to really save that much at all really, especially the base. I just don't see the weight. Heated shouldn't add maybe a lb. Cooled a couple more, then maybe 5 lbs worth of motors? I say they might save ya 25lbs (realistically i think this at most) at most very most 50 total (and i really doubt it), since I don't really know anything about seat design itself. I just can't see heated, cooled (a fan) and power seats without power recline adding that much weight.

For standard seats you might save 10-20lbs.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Now bear with me, I know I know the Mustang has evolved beyond simple quarter mile blasts. That being said it's what I know and my background.

Base GT
Auto
3.55 gears
Lightweight battery

Are the weight savings in the Recaro's worth the $1,500 premium they command? I am 6'2 at about 235 and have found Recaro's less than comfortable.

It seems like the above combo would be fairly light and move out quick. Thoughts?

I'd keep all that^ and put on 2" wider tires... done!

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Ive been a mechanic for 25 years and and I guarantee u that the recaros are much lighter g han 20 pounds over tbe stock seats.The recaros are ass race seat and made to be light.The base gt does not have the heated and cooled but they are power and they are much heavier than recaros, add the heated and cooled and I bet u have 35 pounds per seat.If u are looking to save weight thats significant.

DivineStrike

Doomsday
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GTPP, 11 F150 FX4, 07 CBR600RR
Ive been a mechanic for 25 years and and I guarantee u that the recaros are much lighter g han 20 pounds over tbe stock seats.The recaros are ass race seat and made to be light.The base gt does not have the heated and cooled but they are power and they are much heavier than recaros, add the heated and cooled and I bet u have 35 pounds per seat.If u are looking to save weight thats significant.
Granted I made that post before I did research on previous models. Since then I've done a little more research. OEM Mustang seats have weighed from 55-60 lbs. The latter being powered and heated. Previous recaro seats didn't save but a few lbs. That was all the savings.

However I believe with this subject Grimace would be a better authority to go to as he seems have a good bit of knowledge in this department.

DBCooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords

Don't take this wrong, but in all seriousness, don't forget that the car is hauling a driver as well. If you are serious about cutting the weight, get that 235 down to 200.

Sponsored

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra

Base GT
Auto
3.55 gears
Lightweight battery

buy 03/04 modded cobra and have money left over

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP

luke1333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sierra
Dat interior and shifter placement? No thanks lol
Lol them seats are nice. He's not going to be getting anything more in a base gt then a cobra except heavier car and seats
Come on. This is an S550 forum, he clearly wants an S550.
Lol you can't have any fun! He has to explore his alternatives

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Lol them seats are nice. He's not going to be getting anything more in a base gt then a cobra except heavier car and seats

Lol you can't have any fun! He has to explore his alternatives
Dem not them.... Gawh get it right!
Sponsored