Sponsored

Farley on the future of the V8 Mustang

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I probably wouldn’t last a month and a missed shift before blowing mine most probably, to bits. :wink:
Not wanting the expense or aggravation was a great deterrent for me.
Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I can respect your position. I guess we’ll see about CAFE and CARB. There’s a few court cases out there that will determine if some of these alphabet agencies are going beyond their authority. And hopefully with mounting EV losses some of these manufacturers will finally start pushing back. I think an EV has its place as a niche vehicle and hopefully we can still have a V8 as we know it for a long time yet. I guess I’m an eternal optimist
That seems to be true, being a "niche" vehicle. Apparently, other than government agencies or companies like Amazon who are whole hog into EVs, the general public seems to have been somewhat saturated as EV sales aren't like they were before. Kind of explains a little why Hertz dumped 20,000 of them in favor of ICE vehicles. The EV shortcomings are too many to list as I watched a local news report of a guy pushing his Tesla in the snow to a charging station because the remaining driving range meter was so far off it "lied" what he had left. They also are difficult to accept a charge in cold weather and lose capacity/range as well. Not all of us can afford to wait 40 minutes at a supercharger to get 80% charge into our vehicles when a hybrid can gas up in 5 minutes.

OP
OP
MAGS1

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
That seems to be true, being a "niche" vehicle. Apparently, other than government agencies or companies like Amazon who are whole hog into EVs, the general public seems to have been somewhat saturated as EV sales aren't like they were before. Kind of explains a little why Hertz dumped 20,000 of them in favor of ICE vehicles. The EV shortcomings are too many to list as I watched a local news report of a guy pushing his Tesla in the snow to a charging station because the remaining driving range meter was so far off it "lied" what he had left. They also are difficult to accept a charge in cold weather and lose capacity/range as well. Not all of us can afford to wait 40 minutes at a supercharger to get 80% charge into our vehicles when a hybrid can gas up in 5 minutes.
Yeah charging was a huge issue here in Chicago when we went through that polar vortex a week or so ago. Batteries were draining faster (up to 40% faster per reports) due to higher heater usage within the car. And cars were taking significantly longer to charge at charging stations, numerous reports of cars having to be towed because they ran out of charge waiting for a station.

I’m sure they’re fine for those that actually want them but A LOT of things need to be figured out before they have a chance to become the norm. Technology advances pretty rapidly so never say never but some common sense needs to start prevailing with the powers that be that are trying to force the issue.
Sponsored