Sponsored

Factory paperwork in glove box - "potato chip"

PJR202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP Shadow Black
This is awesome. It's down in there somewhere. DO NOT LOSE THAT PAPER. I'm sure there would be no proof someday but you likely have the only mustang with a built in potato chip.
Sponsored

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This is awesome. It's down in there somewhere. DO NOT LOSE THAT PAPER. I'm sure there would be no proof someday but you likely have the only mustang with a built in potato chip.
Hmmmm.......you know Richard Rawlings from Fast n Loud has a phrase...."Let er rip Potato Chip".......the mystery deepens.....:ninja:

Schism

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT - Perf
"Potato Chip Syndrome - You can't have just one!"
Possibly a note referencing the Inner door bezel?

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Maybe [MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION] knows

Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
Potato usually refers to lazy/disabled... your car was a reject.

Agent_S550

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
Maybe [MENTION=25081]Agent_S550[/MENTION] knows
I've had a few random things like this come down the pipeline. A lot of times it refers to a batch of cars/trucks. I can tell you Ford doesn't have anything on their internal site that tells you "Potato Chip means XX". It's just internal jargon from the plant. I would gander to say it means "Pre Check" considering it accompanies the pre-check sheet. Potato Chip is just the name of the station and that piece of paper was on the dash as it rolled through.

I've seen tools left in cars from the plants before. Things unhooked. Random parts sitting in cars that need to be installed. In this case, I bet this car was finished at the end of the day and they rolled out before they finished the inspection cleaning. They don't usually like to ship things out incomplete or with random papers still in it.

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
Salt n vinegar rule.
Yes...Unfortunately, this would also be the most corrosive potato chip variety. Let's hope it's not touching any bare metal!

I've had a few random things like this come down the pipeline. A lot of times it refers to a batch of cars/trucks. I can tell you Ford doesn't have anything on their internal site that tells you "Potato Chip means XX". It's just internal jargon from the plant. I would gander to say it means "Pre Check" considering it accompanies the pre-check sheet. Potato Chip is just the name of the station and that piece of paper was on the dash as it rolled through.

I've seen tools left in cars from the plants before. Things unhooked. Random parts sitting in cars that need to be installed. In this case, I bet this car was finished at the end of the day and they rolled out before they finished the inspection cleaning. They don't usually like to ship things out incomplete or with random papers still in it.
Great insights here!
That makes sense...but I'm still hoping that it's some kind of secret message.

OP
OP
Built4Speed

Built4Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium White
.... but I'm still hoping that it's some kind of secret message.
Me too. I'm hoping any day now Ford calls me and says:

"Congratulations! The finder of the potato chip sheet wins a brand new...."

Sponsored

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
....So the word got passed around, that "the new guy" was going to buy lunch for the final inspection team. One of the workers began writing down what he wanted the new guy to buy him at the Flat Rock Café...then he realized they were serving pizza that day, and decided to just yell down the line that he wanted a couple slices of pizza.

15 Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertable
The day I got my car my wife found an earring in the passenger floorboard. A pos cheap earring. My car was ordered and I was there when it was delivered. Only one person drove it before I got it, a male who does not wear earrings! Someone at flat rock dropped it in the car.
I tried that story too, she didn't bite! Maybe it was the panties in the center console that gave it away?

SJP

sjp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 grabber blue gt
I found some factory paper work as well under passenger seat

StrongFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, MT, Deep Impact Blue, 401A
Not as good as Blue Chip, but better than Cow Chip?

Likely a code adopted for end of line rework or someone's personal approval. Many years ago when dealing with a build issue on Econoline I crossed paths with a guy called Cookie who approved a rework plan. When UAW saw me on the line they threatened a grievance, I mentioned Cookie's approval, they just said OK and moved on.

FISHTAIL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium PP

That would explain a few things on my car. My drivers side heat extractor wasn't snapped in, and the hood release cable wasn't either. All the clips were just sitting on the cable all bunched up at the end. I haven't found anything else though....at least not yet.
Sponsored