Factory and Museum Tours in Detroit?

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Does anyone know if there are any car factories that offer tours in Detroit or Michigan, besides Ford Rouge? Does Flat Rock Assembly do tours or is there anything to see there? What about GM's plants in Detroit and Lansing?

I was thinking of taking a trip back to where I grew up there and was coming up with places to see. What I know so far:

Ford Rouge plant.
Walter P. Chrysler Museum.
RE Olds Museum in Lansing
GM World at the Renaissance Center HQ

But I really like the idea of a factory tour. What about the old abandoned factories? I've seen some pictures online where people have gotten in to those buildings.
Sponsored

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Does anyone know if there are any car factories that offer tours in Detroit or Michigan, besides Ford Rouge? Does Flat Rock Assembly do tours or is there anything to see there? What about GM's plants in Detroit and Lansing?

I was thinking of taking a trip back to where I grew up there and was coming up with places to see. What I know so far:

Ford Rouge plant.
Walter P. Chrysler Museum.
RE Olds Museum in Lansing
GM World at the Renaissance Center HQ

But I really like the idea of a factory tour. What about the old abandoned factories? I've seen some pictures online where people have gotten in to those buildings.
Henry Ford Museum! Also, the Woodward Avenue Dream Cruise is in August. You can take that in too. Sorry I can't help with the tours. Been away since '86 other than a few work related visits to Glass House and the Dearborn Development Center.

That is all...

OP
OP

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I've been away since '89 save for a couple weekends since then. One idea I had was the NAIAS next month....the mother of all auto shows! But I think car factories are really cool. My only tour was back when I was 14, I saw the fox-body Mustangs being built.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat