Sponsored

Expected delivery date for ordered 2016?

JRivera

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, PP
Were you guys deployed when you ordered or do they work stateside too now? Mine is on order right now with a 7/1/16 delivery date. I need to get off this rock.
I was deployed when I placed my order, but you can order with them if you're deployed or stationed OCONUS.
Sponsored

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I'm not sure I understand the logic behind starting the MY off with stock orders having higher priority than retail and then switching at some point when "the bugs are worked out". I mean, what do the dealers do? Put them out for sale, so the retail customer is still going to end up with the problems, if there are any.

It's not like the dealer performs some kind of QC.

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I'm not sure I understand the logic behind starting the MY off with stock orders having higher priority than retail and then switching at some point when "the bugs are worked out". I mean, what do the dealers do? Put them out for sale, so the retail customer is still going to end up with the problems, if there are any.

It's not like the dealer performs some kind of QC.
I believe they have trial runs as well, but at this point I am just going to accept it that my car will be here around October/November. I want the car, but holding on to my money isn't terrible either.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I just noticed this on my DORA (I'll spare everyone the caps lock):

Info advise customer light colored seats may stain more easily and may require frequent cleaning; consider ordering dark color seats
:D

Reactions: 113

XDsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Interested to hear when someone with a retail order gets scheduled.
I am too.

I think the wait will be a little more bearable once the process starts. Right now the only thing that's happened is I gave over a deposit for an electronic order that's just sitting in a database. I think it will feel more tangible once I have a VIN and some kind of time frame/tracking.

Reactions: 113

Sponsored

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
"Still a few bugs in the system"

Interested to hear when someone with a retail order gets scheduled.
My retail order was placed on 6/12. Not only do I have a VIN... but it is awaiting shipment. It was completed today. That's the good news. The bad news is my dealer uses the same order codes for 2015 as 2016. COTUS shows my order as a fully loaded Platinum F150 4x4. Oh well.

Deysha confirmed for me this week that my order is in Ford's system and it IS for a Mustang GT. She's the greatest! I think COTUS apparently "Still has a few bugs in the system." :D

Sort of glad that right now I DON'T know when it's coming. I'm letting the cash pile up for "goodies" and more new stuff is hitting the aftermarket every day.

That is all...

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
My retail order was placed on 6/12. Not only do I have a VIN... but it is awaiting shipment. It was completed today. That's the good news. The bad news is my dealer uses the same order codes for 2015 as 2016. COTUS shows my order as a fully loaded Platinum F150 4x4. Oh well.

Deysha confirmed for me this week that my order is in Ford's system and it IS for a Mustang GT. She's the greatest! I think COTUS apparently "Still has a few bugs in the system." :D

Sort of glad that right now I DON'T know when it's coming. I'm letting the cash pile up for "goodies" and more new stuff is hitting the aftermarket every day.

That is all...

That adds a wrinkle to the "no retail orders being scheduled yet", thanks Waldorf

Also love to find out how/why they are building 2016s before the August 3rd date. Love to hear Deysha post and confirm this.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red

That is all...
At least you don't have the mod bug yet and ordering parts for a car you don't have like myself :headbonk:

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
That adds a wrinkle to the "no retail orders being scheduled yet", thanks Waldorf

Also love to find out how/why they are building 2016s before the August 3rd date. Love to hear Deysha post and confirm this.
Entirely possible... realistically all that's really changing is the VIN number. And one color... a different black. Everything else that's offered as "new" for 2016 is an assembly add-on.

In one of the other threads, somebody ordered 3 days ahead of me and has a build date of 8/10, but his was entered as "stock". I wanted a stock order, but was told that a retail order guarantees the price to the dealer. Stock orders are subject to possible price increases, or so I'm told. My daughter is more anxious than I am... she gets the 2011. :)

My order number from the dealer was the same order number as the 2015 F150. Deysha said dealers continually do that for some odd reason. I know what it is.... proof that "The Theory of DUH" exists! :D

Be patient and good luck!
That is all...

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Entirely possible... realistically all that's really changing is the VIN number. And one color... a different black. Everything else that's offered as "new" for 2016 is an assembly add-on.

In one of the other threads, somebody ordered 3 days ahead of me and has a build date of 8/10, but his was entered as "stock". I wanted a stock order, but was told that a retail order guarantees the price to the dealer. Stock orders are subject to possible price increases, or so I'm told. My daughter is more anxious than I am... she gets the 2011. :)

My order number from the dealer was the same order number as the 2015 F150. Deysha said dealers continually do that for some odd reason. I know what it is.... proof that "The Theory of DUH" exists! :D

Be patient and good luck!
That is all...

You are the only person who has had their 2016 built and awaiting shipment, I don't buy it being already built. VIN assigned and scheduled, sure. I haven't even seen anyone scheduled for a July build, every built date I have seen has been in August.

Unless Deysha posts in here confirming your car has indeed been built, I don't buy it.

Sponsored

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
At least you don't have the mod bug yet and ordering parts for a car you don't have like myself :headbonk:
What's forcing me to be patient is the IRS. Everybody's got "the cure" for wheel hop in the aftermarket. I wanna crawl under it and see EVERYTHING. I still have a '93 T-Bird with the old pushrod 5.oh and IRS. Getting the IRS the way I wanted it took a lot of doing, mostly with Frankensteined parts. Different now... everybody's got a "better idea". Just a matter of driving the car and checking out the rear sub-frame. Then picking the right bolt on. Like Joe Walsh once sang in a song, "People say I'm lazy but it takes all my time." That's me these days. :D

New ball game for me here. The control arms are much shorter, and the LCA mounting bolts aren't in the same plane. It'll get here... eventually.

Now if the dealer were to offer me that F150 for the price I paid for mine... I'd take it in a heartbeat. Looked at the window sticker on COTUS - $55k!

Just remember, new stuff is hitting the aftermarket everyday. Bigger, Better, and more expensive. Don't buy too much now, it might be outdated by the time you get the car!

Be patient!
That is all...

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
You are the only person who has had their 2016 built and awaiting shipment, I don't buy it being already built. VIN assigned and scheduled, sure. I haven't even seen anyone scheduled for a July build, every built date I have seen has been in August.

Unless Deysha posts in here confirming your car has indeed been built, I don't buy it.
I think he's joking and the F-150 is what is awaiting shipment. Job1 on the 2016 Mustangs isn't until 1st week of August as you mentioned. No way it is built.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
Let Me Clarify

COTUS is showing my dealer number, order number, and last name as a 2015 Platinum F150 that was built today and awaiting shipment. That's why the comment "Still a few bugs in the system". System as in COTUS. COTUS is a beta "window" for consumer orders of Ford's ordering system. Key word here is "Beta". In the REAL Ford system, Deshya confirmed that my order is correct and hasn't been scheduled as it's a retail order, not dealer stock. And it won't be built before August 3rd.

That's why in replies to threads, Deysha almost always writes to check back every couple of weeks. We're "Beta testing" their new software. :D

That is all...

StangMan04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
COTUS is showing my dealer number, order number, and last name as a 2015 Platinum F150 that was built today and awaiting shipment. That's why the comment "Still a few bugs in the system". System as in COTUS. COTUS is a beta "window" for consumer orders of Ford's ordering system. Key word here is "Beta". In the REAL Ford system, Deshya confirmed that my order is correct and hasn't been scheduled as it's a retail order, not dealer stock. And it won't be built before August 3rd.

That's why in replies to threads, Deysha almost always writes to check back every couple of weeks. We're "Beta testing" their new software. :D

That is all...

After reading your original post it is clear now that you were referencing the F150. Makes sense now.

Waldorf

Old School
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3Y PP
After reading your original post it is clear now that you were referencing the F150. Makes sense now.
And don't think I didn't freak out and foam at the mouth Monday morning when the F150 showed up on COTUS at work! Then I remembered reading somewhere that it's still in the "testing phase."

Dehysa straightened it all out and got back to me the same day. Lady is great. Now it's just in limbo, waiting to be scheduled as a retail order. Good news is that mine was the first 2016 retail order at the dealer.

That is all...
Sponsored