Sponsored

Exhaust videos?

ilkhan

435 ilkhan approved HP.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[Gone 2016 400A] > 2017 F150
We're seeing quite a few videos now of the exhaust sound on the GTs. Do we have any good videos for the EB?

FRPP upgraded (as many of the GT videos have been lately) or stock, I want to hear this thing.
Sponsored

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
Something tells me that Ford is keeping this one close to their chests... There really hasn't been a decent exhaust video except for this one:

[ame]

In car:

[ame]

Although I love the Ecoboost and I'm sure it's going to be great, I'm not expecting it to sound like an Abarth.

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
That first video(outside of car) is very close to what I heard when I saw it in person. The Ford trainer I talked to said he thought it had a "really good sound that comes through the car when its under load".

uacghost

Threads
Reaction score
at the very end he gives it a good rev or two. personally i love the sound but i have a 2.3 n/a foxbody and am partial to the i4.

[ame]

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Idle sound and rev part way through the video (2.54)... Also some nice shots of the engine bay.

[ame]

Sponsored

Swoope

Zoom-Freakin'-Zoom
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
15 GTI PP / 04 Rx8 track car
Idle sound and rev part way through the video (2.54)... Also some nice shots of the engine bay.

most helpful video i have seen. thanks!

beers

Whiskey11

Kill ALL the Cones!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Base GT/PP
at the very end he gives it a good rev or two. personally i love the sound but i have a 2.3 n/a foxbody and am partial to the i4.

My dad had an 89 LX 2.3L with 5 speed that I drove around for a while. It was gutless, wheezy and rolled like a life boat in a hurricane but damn was it a fun car to drive! Great looks too.

That said, there is NOTHING like the sound of the 2.3L Lima family of motors. They are amazing sounding 4 bangers if there ever was such a thing and I'd love to have one in my own garage again some day! :)

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
My dad had an 89 LX 2.3L with 5 speed that I drove around for a while. It was gutless, wheezy and rolled like a life boat in a hurricane but damn was it a fun car to drive! Great looks too.

That said, there is NOTHING like the sound of the 2.3L Lima family of motors. They are amazing sounding 4 bangers if there ever was such a thing and I'd love to have one in my own garage again some day! :)
I thought what helped the old 2.3L sound so good was weren't they tractor motors pretty much? So they had a very raw grunt about them.

Oh well I'm getting my 5.0 and going to enjoy the MPG increase from my 5.7 lol

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
I thought what helped the old 2.3L sound so good was weren't they tractor motors pretty much? So they had a very raw grunt about them.

Oh well I'm getting my 5.0 and going to enjoy the MPG increase from my 5.7 lol
I'm rolling in a 1999 Explorer Sport so the GT is a big gain for me also lol

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
most helpful video i have seen. thanks!

beers
No problem! There is one thing though that none of these videos have been able to capture... When I heard the ecoboost in person it had a nice deep "almost rumble" tone to it at idle which none of these videos have been able to capture... The Ecoboost is NOT as quiet at idle as these videos suggest.

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
The EB4's are being marketed to fuel efficient worldwide consumers which is why its exhaust note isn't aggressive. What Ford should've done is replace the standard mufflers with higher flowing ones on the Performance Package option. I swapped out my stockers for GT500's on my 5.0 and it made a huge difference.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
This video is actually closer to what I heard when I saw the ecoboost in person.

Note: Listen with headphones

[ame]

petraman

Now with more MPGs!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf
I'm hoping after a few exhaust mods the EB will sound similar to this:
[ame]

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
This video is actually closer to what I heard when I saw the ecoboost in person.

Note: Listen with headphones

Yah I know what you are talking about. I listened to the other 2 with headphones and you could hear a lower rumble, but when they are revving it, I don't like the sound of either. I personally like it better just rumbling.
Sponsored