Exhaust fitment on S550

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
Hello all,

I have the MBRP Race exhaust system with a catless downpipe and it sags more than my huevos on a hot day.

I'm wondering, what are my options at this point? To get a shop to fix me some hangers, or weld it to the frame? The 4.5" tips also touch my rear diffuser.

thanks.
Sponsored

Red5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt race red non pp
Have you tried to push the exhaust up as much as possible and tighten the clamps so it can keep it at that height?

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Hello all,

I have the MBRP Race exhaust system with a catless downpipe and it sags more than my huevos on a hot day.
I would start with a comprehensive inspection. Get the car up on jack stands or a lift so you can get under it and look at things from different angles. Are there any dents or bends in the pipes that shouldn't be there (you can find photos of exhaust systems online for comparison)? If so, then you may have run over something. Are all the hangars properly installed in the rubber grommets? Are the mounts on the car still attached (check the welds/bolts)? Are any of the hangars bent or broken away from the pipes (check the welds)? Is the rubber all in good shape? Are all the clamps tight (soot around a juncture indicates an exhaust leak and loose clamp)?

If all these appear to be in order then you might consider taking your car to an exhaust shop and have them put some bends in the pipes to get them in the proper shape.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
Hello all,

I'm wondering, what are my options at this point? To get a shop to fix me some hangers, or weld it to the frame? The 4.5" tips also touch my rear diffuser.

thanks.
Do you have any pics of yerr hhuuevos drooping on a hot day ?

Other than that yer just gonna have to make some adjustments .

Sponsored

Bull Run

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB Prem PP
+1 Recently went through this myself with the custom exhaust. I was getting bad vibrations at certain RPMs, so suspected exhaust contact the chassis. To be fair, I did ask the shop for maximum ground clearance since my car's lowered. Found a point in the exhaust where it had almost zero clearance with the chassis. I loosened all hangers, stuck a small crowbar to create some clearance, and retightened everything. The test drive showed no vibrations.

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
Get a different exhaust. Seriously, almost everyone has fitment issues of some kind with the MBRP, myself included.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine needed adjustments after going on, but since then it's been fine. I have the MBRP street but the fitment is the same.

The left to right balance of the exhaust is very finnicky on the Ecoboost Im told, which causes fitment issues.

wes936

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang Grabber Blue EB 6MT
In my real world experiencing of laying on the ground under a ecoboost, look at the hangers before the stock resonater. Adding a few washer there(there is 2 bolts on that hanger) to step it out will get both of the tips to move toward the drivers side of the car. As the next two hangers, before and after the mufflers, only really move on the rubber part of the hanger,not much adjustment on the bolts of those hanger, and as soon as you drive will move back and forth on the rubber. All aftermarket exhaust does not fit like the stock, and adjustment is always needed, but MPRB, regardless of ecoboost or GT always seems to be off.
Sponsored