dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
Has there been any info released on the European tail lights regarding amber turn signals? The EU mandates amber turn signals in both the front and the rear. How are they going to pull this one off, with no obvious clear/amber lights like on the 2013-14?

Here is a video of the euro spec lights on the 13-14
[ame]
Sponsored

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
You can have amber leds underneath the red plastic... that's what Peugeot did ;)

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
The Front Turn Indicators are Already Amber. That's what the "Eyebrows" are just above the Fog Lamps. As for the Tail Lamps I'm 100% positive Ford has addressed the EU Lighting for the Rear. I know the Sequential Feature will not make it for most Foreign Markets and Believe, as with Previous Export Model Mustangs, that the Outer Segment of the Tri-Bar Tail Lamps will be replaced with an Amber Lens, or as Gojensen suggests they will use Amber LEDs to meet Foreign Lighting Requirements. I also know that other Markets require Clear/White Reflectors for the Front Sides which I'm sure Ford has already addressed. Ford obviously is in tune with Foreign Lighting Requirements because they incorporated the Center Rear Mounted Fog/Reverse Lamp and Reflectors in the Diffuser.

OP
OP
dogiebitt

dogiebitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 5.7L
Vehicle Showcase
You can have amber leds underneath the red plastic... that's what Peugeot did ;)
This is the closest video that I could find that shows what you describe. Is this enough to satisfy the stringent EU laws?
[ame]

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert
Looks legal to me... :)

Sponsored

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
My first post here, so hello.

Movie in first post is my modification.

As far I got info, one of the lamp will be clear and will have turn in, so it will look crap. Hope my future modification of stock US lamps will look better and will still have 6x parking 6xstop lights.

Greetings from Poland.

fionic

spaghettios and cheerios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT PP
Has there been any info released on the European tail lights regarding amber turn signals? The EU mandates amber turn signals in both the front and the rear. How are they going to pull this one off, with no obvious clear/amber lights like on the 2013-14?

Here is a video of the euro spec lights on the 13-14
holy shit, that license plate is enourmous. And I thought being forced to having front plates was bad.

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
My first post here, so hello.

As far I got info, one of the lamp will be clear and will have turn in, so it will look crap. Hope my future modification of stock US lamps will look better and will still have 6x parking 6xstop lights.

Greetings from Poland.
Greetings and Welcome from Florida. I agree the Clear Tail Lights look HORRIBLE! I would be changing Mine as Soon as I could if they were standard equipment where I lived as well.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
holy shit, that license plate is enourmous.
Yup. In some European countries you are allowed to use smaller licence plates if the vehicle doesn't support standard wide version, but in others (like Poland) you don't and end up with relatively large square ones.

Hence we are very happy with the new 2015 design that supports the regular European plates both front and rear.

gojensen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ecoboost 'vert

Hi! Would be great if you managed to hack together something similar when the S550 reaches us... would love a switch to turn sequential on/off (for when the Police come knocking :D)

I still love those 13-14 rear lights though... :clap2:

Sponsored

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
My idea is that they will work similar like this:
[ame]

There is 3x red stock, so this module will work, but I'll have to make new led panels (if there are led panels, maybe there are bulbs).
Module has 3 modes, one turn, sequential that turning one by one but switching bulb before (more street legal, due there are always 2 bulbs visible for parking/stop) and sequential as 2013.

Anyway, I'm still making 2013-2014 yellow sequential with switch to single, my lights are I think now in every EU country:)

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
We started doing euro lights, full sequential yellow. They will be lot letter that crappy EU white lights.

This is movie from beginning of work:

[ame]

This week shipping first pair to UK.

Last edited:

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
this video shows the standard behaviour right?

caniggia

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2010 GT500 700HP
This video shows my test on dual colour.
Finally it will work like this:

[ame]

But will have added switch to switch sequential off. Then only middle turn will run. This is in case some TUV says that sequential is illegal (but it is).
Don't look at flash rate in above movie, it's manually launched. In car it will have normal flash rate.
It will also have FOG built in and will work exactly as on first movie in this topic, so if fog is on on inner section, then stop is working only on outer section.

Modification of this lamp to make sequential is much more complicated than 2013 and lot of high power leds are installed in.

We made special module to make this lamp runing correctly. Attached photo on some of first test module processor controled (on the left).
20150129_225142.jpg
Sponsored