Sponsored

Euro-spec Mustang considered an 'American Car'?

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
All around Europe there are 'American Car' meetings and events.
Someone shows up an an Euro-spec Mustang, would you think (s)he'd be considered driving an 'American Car' and be allowed to participate?

Discuss.

:popcorn:
Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Of course it's an american car. Nobody says something against the EU camaro with the dumbo mirros, so somebody must be really strange to have smth against EU mustangs on such events.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
100% it's an American car :) Ford made a point of keeping the production in the USA to ensure that was the case. Even though we get RHD it will always be an American icon.

Nordic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joakim
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yes, it is an All American car! I bought mine just for that reason, I sold my 1970 Super Bee and ordered the Stang! Will use it a lot more and I will get better performance, better milage and I have warranty and insurance included the first two or three years.

I will go to a lot of car meetings now, the Swedish mustang club has over 3400 members and all years of Mustang are welcome.

You are all welcome to visit Sweden next summer and why not Power meet, http://bigmeet.com/eng/

Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
BMW, Nissan,Toyota etc.. all build cars in the US, I never see anyone calling those American cars. :popcorn:

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
No because they are German and Japanese cars :crazy:
My point exactly, Except Ford Europe cars, those are definitely not American (in both good and Bad ways)

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
But this is not exactly a 'Ford Europe' car.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
BMW, Nissan,Toyota etc.. all build cars in the US, I never see anyone calling those American cars. :popcorn:
Its more about where the majority of its design and development take place that define a car's country of origin more than the brand or its manufacturing base, and it certainly shouldn't be reliant on the Market Variant (USDM, EDM, AUDM, JDM etc.)

Its only in certain circumstances that Manufacturing base can be the cherry on top.

To give an example:

One of the single most British cars you can buy is the Nissan Qashqai.

It was designed in London, Engineered in Cranfield on a brand new automotive platform (CFM) also developed in Cranfield.

Chassis, sheet metal, paint, axles, transmissions, aluminium gasoline engines (cams, heads, blocks) and Plastics are then all built from scratch at Sunderland. A lot of their parts, upholstery included, come from other English suppliers and manufacturers, many of them local such as Uni-Press (instrument panel supplier).

The same can be said very easily of the Mustang. Designed in America, Engineered in America, and as a cherry on-top is also built in America from almost exclusively American sourced parts.

Anyone who complains that its not American needs a slap. If anything it undermines the hard work American Ford employees put into it.

Sponsored

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
I'm curious as well, at the end of August I'm going to a classic car event and all pre 65 cars are allowed to park on the festival terrain and the American cars, I'm curious if they will allow me in ;-)
Otherwise I'm heading back home as I won't leave my pony at the regular visitors parking unattended.

OP
OP
Lord Thunder

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
I'm curious as well, at the end of August I'm going to a classic car event and all pre 65 cars are allowed to park on the festival terrain and the American cars, I'm curious if they will allow me in ;-)
I think it may generally depend on how full the terrain is and how many s550's show up.
Keep us posted.

PS: You may be able to find out in advance and save yourself the trip.

Notes

Moustang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BLACK S550 EB/AT/PP/EU
PS: You may be able to find out in advance and save yourself the trip.
Just discussed it with my brother who drives a 71 Charger and it's a no go, so ill attend in my old bmw, or join my brother.... will see!

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Its more about where the majority of its design and development take place that define a car's country of origin more than the brand or its manufacturing base, and it certainly shouldn't be reliant on the Market Variant (USDM, EDM, AUDM, JDM etc.)

Its only in certain circumstances that Manufacturing base can be the cherry on top.

To give an example:

One of the single most British cars you can buy is the Nissan Qashqai.

It was designed in London, Engineered in Cranfield on a brand new automotive platform (CFM) also developed in Cranfield.

Chassis, sheet metal, paint, axles, transmissions, aluminium gasoline engines (cams, heads, blocks) and Plastics are then all built from scratch at Sunderland. A lot of their parts, upholstery included, come from other English suppliers and manufacturers, many of them local such as Uni-Press (instrument panel supplier).

The same can be said very easily of the Mustang. Designed in America, Engineered in America, and as a cherry on-top is also built in America from almost exclusively American sourced parts.

Anyone who complains that its not American needs a slap. If anything it undermines the hard work American Ford employees put into it.
Agreed. The Mustang is more American than most GM products by a long shot. It's an American car I can drive proudly in Europe.

Gryphon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
The car was drawn up, designed, finalized, and manufactured in the US by an American company.

It's as American as a US-spec Focus RS will be European.
Sponsored