Sponsored

ESS Centrifugal Mustang Superchargers

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
No my tuner had no issues when modifying the Roush calibration but he also said he would never take a complete factory tune and try and tune a Roush. It would be waaaaay to time consuming and not worth the money and he would not want to charge a customer what it would take to go through all the work to tune it correctly. That is why he modifies the Roush calibration instead of starting with a new factory calibration. The master Ford tech had issues trying to get into the pcm due to my tuner and Roush locking it, yes he even said he had issues reflashing just a stock Roush calibration back before let alone a tuners modification. Something that should have been a 20-30 min job at most ended up at almost 3 plus hours. I got lucky and he liked me and they only charged me 1 hr of labor they had originally quoted me. Iā€™m pretty straightforward about things so thatā€™s why I wanted to mention this to you, so you had time to think about it and figure out how to deal with it.
I really appreciate that. It will be something else for me to take into consideration. This may go on the back burner for a while, but it is definitely something I want to do.
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I really appreciate that. It will be something else for me to take into consideration. This may go on the back burner for a while, but it is definitely something I want to do.
No problem at all! Iā€™m always willing to spread knowledge especially knowledge that I have first hand knowledge of. Now I will try and give you possible solutions (25 years of management itā€™s kind of what I do) to your problem. 1. Reach out and email Roush and see if a potential buyer can purchase a Roush calibration to tune to flash their car once itā€™s installed. I would assume yes becauseā€¦ itā€™s money for them and Iā€™m sure you and I arenā€™t the first ones to sell a used kit to another person. 2. Figure who you want to tune your soon to be badass ESS Mustang, buy the RTD from them and save the Roush calibration. Go to a hopefully Roush approved dealership/ meaning they install them and talk to the tech hopefully a master tech and tell them what you want to do. Which is have them flash the car with a factory calibration and once that is done you load the Roush calibration back on the car and drive back home. You can then send your tuner of choice a factory calibration to tune for the ESS kit and load it once you have done the swap. All in all you will then have solved your own issues and helped a potential buyer of your old kit and hopefully less stress for both of you.

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
No problem at all! Iā€™m always willing to spread knowledge especially knowledge that I have first hand knowledge of. Now I will try and give you possible solutions (25 years of management itā€™s kind of what I do) to your problem. 1. Reach out and email Roush and see if a potential buyer can purchase a Roush calibration to tune to flash their car once itā€™s installed. I would assume yes becauseā€¦ itā€™s money for them and Iā€™m sure you and I arenā€™t the first ones to sell a used kit to another person. 2. Figure who you want to tune your soon to be badass ESS Mustang, buy the RTD from them and save the Roush calibration. Go to a hopefully Roush approved dealership/ meaning they install them and talk to the tech hopefully a master tech and tell them what you want to do. Which is have them flash the car with a factory calibration and once that is done you load the Roush calibration back on the car and drive back home. You can then send your tuner of choice a factory calibration to tune for the ESS kit and load it once you have done the swap. All in all you will then have solved your own issues and helped a potential buyer of your old kit and hopefully less stress for both of you.
Smart man. I have no idea where the closest Roush authorized dealer is, but I imagine that it is a pretty far distance just based on my geography. It will take some coordination but I can probably work it out.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Smart man. I have no idea where the closest Roush authorized dealer is, but I imagine that it is a pretty far distance just based on my geography. It will take some coordination but I can probably work it out.
Honestly call a couple close ford dealers and ask to talk to the service manager and master tech. Tell them what you want to do and see if they give you intelligent answers or play dumb. If they play dumb or are dumb then seek out the nearest Roush approved dealer, call and tell them the same scenario and go from there!

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a 4k ish Circle D converter in my car with the stock transmission thermostat / trans cooler and my temps haven't been an issue with day to day driving. It does change slow stop and go driving so I could see it not being for everyone.
Circle D rep said for me 245 mm & 4000 stall.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm confused, since your not going wot often are you just planning on cruising to me what essentially sounds like a cvt swapped mustang? LOL not hating I'm just curious... wont trans temps get pretty damn hot if you drive a lot in one session like that? Especially in Florida I could foresee some serious trans temp issues no?
I got a ppe tran pan, thermal delete mod. My tran didnt over heat in my '16 gt with a circle d. I don't do wot all the time. The higher stall will help get into boost faster.

Dr.Patterson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patterson
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have the ford performance tune I hope Wengerd wonā€™t have any issues being locked out of the ecu

WonderDud

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ran 740+ with my old car for about 50k miles with no issues. I may have just been lucky.
At that power without the cooling of e85 on a stock motor. Possible that it couldā€™ve gone at anytime. Good for you though glad you were lucky enough to keep going. Unlike some others that have done the same and have not been so fortunate. I use octane booster on my 93 tune for safety. No extra power. And I could use the extra power šŸ˜‚

RoGCobraRV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have the ford performance tune I hope Wengerd wonā€™t have any issues being locked out of the ecu
I'm pretty sure you will have to use the procal and flash it back to stock then send him the stock tune. But don't quote me on it I'm not positive. He'd let you know what's needed to be done

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels came in. Well 3 did. 1 be here tomorrow. Still deciding on tires.

received_1059197622130810.jpeg

Roush05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT