Sponsored

Engine Noise Change WOT

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
We get the sound enhancer not the noise canceling. So far no word on killing it.
Sponsored

Fordman88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150 XLT Max Tow, 2017 GT350
I did see a thread on here the other day about the samething not sure if it was a GT350. There is a module under the headliner that needs to be unplugged this was causing the same problem.

Hope this helps

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Is that only in Tech Pack cars? I don't think I have any noise coming through the speakers of my Track Pack. I might test this out and post some video or something because I'm really curious now.
I upgraded speakers and added a Kenwood amp in my Tech, and I experience no such engine noise. Piped in or otherwise.

TxOilMoney

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Note to self, do not upgrade speakers.
I saved my OE speakers when I had them replaced just for kicks and grins. Upon further inspection, they are the lightest, cheapest speaker I have ever seen in ANY car I have ever owned. (25 vehicles). They are made in a country known for high end, quality sound products- China. :eyebulge:

OP
OP

Swartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Magnetic, Black Roof, Black OTS, Tech.
OK everyone. I can confirm... The amp is causing the issue and it is 100% coming through the front speakers. I did 3 tests tonight

1. Turned the amp off - Engine sound normal.
  2. I turned the amp back on and turned the gain way up - way past where it was when it was sounding odd - the Engine sound was massively amplified and obviously coming through the front speakers.
  3. I turned the gain back down to its lowest setting and all was good again. Good tunes and no funky engine noise.

Now I just have to go back and figure out where that mic is. It is not located on the same spot as the 4cyl turbo as far as I can tell.

I can only shake my head why Ford thought that this car needed this "feature". sigh.

OP
OP

Swartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you done any mods to your sound system inside the car?
Dave - you saved me a whole ton of stress. I posted further down about what I found because of your hint. Thanks!

Sponsored

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The mic is for noise cancellation and not for the engine sound enhancement. Thus you wont find it, only mic the GT350 should have is for the Bluetooth phone integration.

OP
OP

Swartz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The mic is for noise cancellation and not for the engine sound enhancement. Thus you wont find it, only mic the GT350 should have is for the Bluetooth phone integration.
Yeah I went back and read through the posts and found the link to something about the DSP. No way to disable it. It sounds as before now that the gain is back to its lowest setting. Won't do that again. Horrible enhanced sound.

Iekgoplot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
It does state that the Enhanced Sounds disables if the door or trunk is open. Maybe someway to trigger that into the DSP so the Enhanced Sound doesnt form.
Sponsored