Sponsored

Engine Exploded need short block~~~right now!

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Independent shop will be doing work. I can easily get an OEM short block but if I can upgrade and go after market for the same price, why not? My problem is I can't wait too long because this was my daily driver. Suggestions?
Sponsored

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
I ran into the same problem when mine let go. Start sending out emails to AKE, CPE, FFTec, MAP, and Livernios. Maybe one of them will have one available. Good luck

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
I ran into the same problem when mine let go. Start sending out emails to AKE, CPE, FFTec, MAP, and Livernios. Maybe one of them will have one available. Good luck
Thanks...I was re-reading your thread last night. I already emailed AKE and CPE. CPE is local for me so hopefully they can do something.

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Thanks...I was re-reading your thread last night. I already emailed AKE and CPE. CPE is local for me so hopefully they can do something.
If you need a set of Manley standard bore pistons let me know, a friend of mine has a set he will give you a great deal on, you could put those in a stock shortblock with a set of rods.

Slow89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 sec bolt on ecoboost // 9.2 @ 151 2019 blower GTCS
Just because someone will eventually ask what happened?

Oh and I believe esslinger engeering has some ready to ship.... Super cool guys and they know what they're doing. Either call them or I think the owner runs the facebook page even on Sunday's so you can always message him too.

Sponsored

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Don't know the whys or hows yet but evidently the engine didn't like one of my mods(tune, CAI, intercooler, down pipe, Wastegate actuator). Pretty much blew a hole in the side of the block.

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Curious if it's another rod bolt. Good luck getting a block in and getting back on the road.

Sponsored

Fast64ranchero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
63 Ranchero, 1972 Pinto, 2015 Mustang
I can tell you for sure, my rod bolts are still in place, mine broke the rid and the biggest part of #2 piston in about an inch. Didn't think about Esslinger, good call.

TheLion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2016 Mustang GT PP 6-MT
I'm noticing an interesting trend. It seems the 2015's have a higher tendency to break the wrist pins. I was told at one point by a forum member (I forget who), that Ford revised the wrist pin design for 2016+ models.

Time will tell if there is any truth to this, but the most common failures I've seen on the 2.3L's are wrist pins and cracked pistons. I don't think we've seen many bent rods and I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 2016's blow an engine (both were highly modded btw).

Has anyone considered running a 91 tune but using only 93 and 1 step colder plugs? Combine that with a good inter cooler and we have quite a buffer against knock or super knock.

What tunes were being run and at what power levels, fuel and environmental? I'm curious if this was timing related OR like the F-150 issues, condensation in the IC under humid conditions (which seemed to be very specific to the F-150's as I'm not aware of this being a common issue with TDI engines in general).

With the F-150's the condensation would cause the truck to go into limp mode and in some cases actual cause hydrolock, cracking a piston head...

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I don't think we've seen many bent rods and I've only seen maybe 1 or 2 2016's blow an engine (both were highly modded btw).
Who has blown an engine on a 2016? I haven't heard of any...

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I'm noticing an interesting trend. It seems the 2015's have a higher tendency to break the wrist pins. I was told at one point by a forum member (I forget who), that Ford revised the wrist pin design for 2016+ models.
First I've heard of this, the only rumor I have heard is regarding the rod bolts.
Sponsored