Email to GM

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
On of my friends and I were chatting and he said he loved my car but his is a Chevy family and dad might disown him if he bought a Mustang, He now wants A Camaro 2.0T Which would be cool so I can actually see one in the Metal and Give it an honest shake.

We wrote an email to GM together to get a few things straight
Hello,

I am in the process of looking for a new car and was considering the New Camaro, I am in the Military and am stationed in Germany. Since I cannot buy one through MAS on base I thought about buying one at home this summer and having the military ship it over for me.

My questions are about warranty and service.

1) Would my warranty still be honored if there are any defects in Europe?
2) Could you provide me with a list of dealers in Germany who could service the car and carry out any warranty repairs.
3) When my tour in Europe is complete in 3 years would my warranty be affected by the car having been overseas.

MAS is trying to get me into a Challenger or a Mustang and given that they provide all of the above is very tempting, you are missing out on many sales and good will by not selling to Service members over seas, it's a captive market if you want to take a car back home and there are Mustangs and Challengers everywhere.

Thank you
I'll let you know how they respond!
Sponsored

jayvajj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I can tell you from my experience overseas, Chevrolet wasn't an option for me regarding warranty and service.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I can tell you from my experience overseas, Chevrolet wasn't an option for me regarding warranty and service.
That's what I told my friend, I had a soldier who worked for me when I was in the Army who brought his new truck here and not only got denied warranty service when his 4 month old truck (2 of which were spent in shipping) water pump failed, but had his warranty permanently voided for "exporting" the vehicle. This is when I started to hate GM. This was back in 2001 and I don't have any of the letters that were sent, He doesn't want to believe me so I want GM to put it in writing for him, If they even bother to respond to me since GM doesn't give a shit about military personnel.

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Your friend's dad sound like camaro6g members, disown your own lol!

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Your friend's dad sound like camaro6g members, disown your own lol!
I know right? When GM gives us the proverbial middle finger, I'll get him into a Mustang. We took a test drive in a V6 Challenger today. Nice inside and out but man is that thing a boat. After riding around with me all day his exact words were "It doesn't have the power to get out of it's own way"! If I lived in the U.S. and wasn't allowed to go more than 75mph it would make a great cruiser. Comfy as hell. No wonder it's outselling the Camaro.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
A Camaro 2.0T?
Lawdy save us!!

:lol:
According to motor trend, it is the clear winner over the mustang after putting $1000 in tires on it and having some confusion about what gas you put in the Mustang

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Well GM Finally decided to honor me with a response
Chevrolet Customer Assistance: said:
Dear Glenn,

Thank you for contacting the Chevrolet Customer Assistance Center. First of all, please accept my apology for the delayed response due to the high email volume. We are happy to know of your interest to purchase a new Chevrolet Camaro as your next vehicle. We are looking forward to serve you in the years ahead. We are glad to provide you information on your inquiry.

We would like to point you in the right direction to get this situation addressed properly and appropriately. Since we are only able to assist customers within the U.S., we recommend that you get in touch with our GM of Germany office by using the link below:

https://www.chevrolet.de/hilfe/kontakt.html

We apologize for the inconvenience, but want to make sure that your concerns are handled accordingly.

Thank you again for taking the time to contact Chevrolet.

Monic
Chevrolet Customer Assistance
What a load of crap, go talk to a local dealer? Yeah I can see why they cant move them. Hell my friend doesn't speak German and I made it clear I wanted an American spec car, you cannot bring an EU spec back with you,

I have to decide if it's worth my effort to pursue this further. I'll keep you posted.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Why would you post a question to GM about a GM vehicle on a FORD MUSTANG forum? I don't get it.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Why would you post a question to GM about a GM vehicle on a FORD MUSTANG forum? I don't get it.
Because he is a Mustang owner showing how ridiculous Chevy is.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
I'm not even a fan boy, this is my first American car, I would have actually considered a Camaro but I just cant get over the 'no fucks given' attitude GM takes to members of the military. It's not even like anyone is asking for anything special, Just the opportunity to pay them money to buy a product while on active duty and not get hosed on warranty or buying the higher priced foreign market version and bring it home. If that's too fucking much to ask from a company then I guess Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, and Volkswagen deserve credit for going the extra mile.

OP
OP
Glenn G

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Because he is a Mustang owner showing how ridiculous Chevy is.
:cheers: and why no one in Uniform should ever buy anything from them.

04DarkShadowGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
If your friend likes the Mustang, tell him to buy one. Something tells me that if it really bothers his dad what kind of car his son owns he is not a very good father anyway.

It is his life, not his dads.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
If your friend likes the Mustang, tell him to buy one. Something tells me that if it really bothers his dad what kind of car his son owns he is not a very good father anyway.

It is his life, not his dads.
Yeah! Besides, Chevy sucks! :ford:
Sponsored