EB Mustang Exhaust sound Clip thread.

K-Roll302

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT Premium, '80 Porsche 924 Turbo
I'm going to be replacing the stock resonator by the end of the year. I'm thinking of putting a Vibrant Ultra Quiet in it's place, or a Y-pipe with two Ultra Quiets for each pipe after the Y. Does adding more resonators reduce drone more effectively, or is one more than enough?
Sponsored

Keiferson22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT Premium
I'm going to be replacing the stock resonator by the end of the year. I'm thinking of putting a Vibrant Ultra Quiet in it's place, or a Y-pipe with two Ultra Quiets for each pipe after the Y. Does adding more resonators reduce drone more effectively, or is one more than enough?

So I have the Magnaflow competition axle back and a catless downpipe. Love the exhaust note but there is some drone and the volume at WOT is a little much for my taste. So I replaced the stock resonator with the vibrant ultra quiet resonator and welded a y-pipe to the back of the resonator. Now there car is absolutely obnoxious (to the point of embarrassment) and the drone rattles my eardrums like a set of competition kicker subwoofers playing booty music. FML!

Last edited:

Mustang Mikes Queen Creek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I would think a couple of resonators would calm down the cheap crackle sound,and lower the drone as well.They are free flowing, a couple of them couldn't hurt.

Last edited:

Travdawg95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Ecoboost
Alright I have an EcoBoost Mustang and was looking at the Borla Ataks, how loud are they really and how bad is drone, also don't really care but how much are my neighbors going to hate me?

Sponsored

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
So do any of these exhaust actually have no drone? Seems they all have reports of drone?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I have the mbrp street. I hate drone and won't have an exhaust that has it and this one does not.
I have heard the MagnaFlow street does not either but it costs a lot more
I got mine used but in like new condition for $400

marjen

2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang Ecoboost premium
Good to know. Thanks

stangchief

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cr3group.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang premium
Installed the MBRP Street 409 stainless steel on my 2016 Ecoboost. Easy install and sounds GREAT! Very low growl, no highway speed drone, no raspy noise, no popping after letting of off hot throttle and great looking tips compared to the stock tips.

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
I went with a Muffler delete and 3.5'' Tips.. it's no where near as loud as I thought it would be. Sounds a lot beefier now, albeit a bit tuner-ish with the blow off and exhaust crackle.. I like it tho, happy with the result.

Sponsored

Ryan @ PDTuning

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pd-tuning.com
Vehicle(s)
15' Ecoboost Mustang
The mbrp race catback / catless downpipe doesn't sound too shabby wide open with my 7163.

[ame]

Doskiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
After your tune my car takes off like yours without the big turbo ........ :-) Is that the H.R.B.T. ?

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP
Alright I have an EcoBoost Mustang and was looking at the Borla Ataks, how loud are they really and how bad is drone, also don't really care but how much are my neighbors going to hate me?

I have the s-type axelbacks. It gets pretty damn loud at WOT but quiet when im cruising. Zero drone. I would expect the ataks to be louder. I personally thought the ataks were too throaty for me