Easier way to change oil

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I like that but it would make me nervous w/o something like the G-Trac brace there...

Edit, nvm, I see they have a protective lockout clip available too. It still sticks out further than the stock plug so that is a tiny bit worrying, but probably worth the convenience.

OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
I like that but it would make me nervous w/o something like the G-Trac brace there...

Edit, nvm, I see they have a protective lockout clip available too. It still sticks out further than the stock plug so that is a tiny bit worrying, but probably worth the convenience.
I've been using them for years and on multiple vehicles without issue. I have one on my 2014 Tacoma TRD 4x4 with 50k miles. I take it off road all of the time; mainly mudding.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've been using them for years and on multiple vehicles without issue. I have one on my 2014 Tacoma TRD 4x4 with 50k miles. I take it off road all of the time; mainly mudding.
Good to know! I just ordered mine with the clip and some tubing. Should make it super easy. With the OCI I'm getting with this car, I won't need it much, but it's nice anyway! I'll probably get one for the wife's car.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597

Sponsored

Schu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550GTPP
I need an easier way to get the filter out without leaking oil all over the under tray where I can not clean it up.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I need an easier way to get the filter out without leaking oil all over the under tray where I can not clean it up.
I used a piece of aluminum foil shaped so that it directed the dripping oil into the pan. Got a good sized sheet and folded it several times to give it some structure. Put it up behind the filter before I took it off. Worked like a charm.

Old Car Guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Tech Pack. AG Black Roof Black Stripes G3597
Thanks so much on which one that you ordered..... One of the companies that I worked at used them on their diesel trucks and never had a problem with them, I had forgot all about them till you that posted this.... Thanks John [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored
OP
OP
evo8904

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Thanks so much on which one that you ordered..... One of the companies that I worked at used them on their diesel trucks and never had a problem with them, I had forgot all about them till you that posted this.... Thanks John [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No problem, I started using these on my STIs and then all off my vehicles.

wmsky33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 6MT Competition Orange
If you loosen the oil filter just enough you can turn it with your hand - not so much it starts to drip, then take a gallon zip-loc baggie and place it completely around the oil filter, then remove the oil filter. Any oil that spills out gets trapped in the bag. Dump the oil from the bag into the drain pan, seal the bag, done. Easy, cheap, clean. Works great.

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
If you loosen the oil filter just enough you can turn it with your hand - not so much it starts to drip, then take a gallon zip-loc baggie and place it completely around the oil filter, then remove the oil filter. Any oil that spills out gets trapped in the bag. Dump the oil from the bag into the drain pan, seal the bag, done. Easy, cheap, clean. Works great.
I tried exactly that, and still got oil everywhere. :shrug:
Sponsored