Sponsored

Eagle has landed, I repeat, the Eagle has landed...

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
Testing to come! This is the RXT1200 version. Will come balanced to the stock clutch and they also weigh the same as the OEM assembly as well.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Been a long time coming. Looking forward to seeing how the "pilot bearing in the flywheel" was handled.

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
EDIT: Nevermind, pics working now. Looks great!

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Seems like imgur is having a couple issues. If they do not load up, just right click and open in new page or new tab.

50 Deep

Signature Wheel Ford Rep
Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.signaturewheel.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
I can't see jack. I assume this is the clutch you guys have been waitin for?

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Can we see it disassembled?

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Testing to come! This is the RXT1200 version. Will come balanced to the stock clutch and they also weigh the same as the OEM assembly as well.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg
Being that you have matched the weight of the OEM piece, what are the performance gains or expectations over the OEM piece? I have tracked my car twice and have no issues with the current performance. I am however interested in this piece.

Thanks,

Harold

OP
OP
Derek@Lethal

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
Stock clutch started slipping when the car was stock with a 100 shot. This clutch will hold 1200+ hp, that's the advantage this clutch has over stock. Once testing is done on this, we'll be working with McLeod to develop clutches for 800 and 1000 hp applications.

Sponsored

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Being that you have matched the weight of the OEM piece, what are the performance gains or expectations over the OEM piece? I have tracked my car twice and have no issues with the current performance. I am however interested in this piece.

Thanks,

Harold
Running the least amount of clutch to safely handle your power level (tq) is always the best bet. If you're not adding power the stocker should be adequate for quite a while.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
This is going in the Shebly GT350 car, correct?
Can't wait to see some updates in that car. I've been waiting patiently. lol :headbonk:

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Running the least amount of clutch to safely handle your power level (tq) is always the best bet. If you're not adding power the stocker should be adequate for quite a while.
Not necessarily disagreeing, but would you care to expand on this? If I'm going to drive extremely aggressively i.e. some weekend drag racing I'd think a more robust clutch would be a good thing. I'm not saying it needs a 1200 HP version, but an 800 HP version might be good.

Donkey

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
Not necessarily disagreeing, but would you care to expand on this? If I'm going to drive extremely aggressively i.e. some weekend drag racing I'd think a more robust clutch would be a good thing. I'm not saying it needs a 1200 HP version, but an 800 HP version might be good.
Everyone will have their opinions on this, however coming from a series of vehicles that tend to have a somewhat "fragile" transmission and speaking with 3 separate transmission builders at length about clutch selection it's merely repeating what all 3 agreed upon and that was wear on the trans, synchro's in particular and usually with higher torque capacity comes different materials that are generally a compromise in driveability. If you plan to add power with forced induction etc, or plan to drag race the car and slip the clutch a lot you will have to make that compromise. Gearing and how this car generates power will likely wear most any clutch if you plan to drag race it as there is not significant low end power and it requires some slip to get it out of the hole, with stickier tires that will only become more apparent. The clutch that comes in the car is not bad at all, it's biggest upgrade from a feel perspective would come from an clutch spring change.

NipSC4328

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Twister Orange w\ Black OTTS
Everyone will have their opinions on this, however coming from a series of vehicles that tend to have a somewhat "fragile" transmission and speaking with 3 separate transmission builders at length about clutch selection it's merely repeating what all 3 agreed upon and that was wear on the trans, synchro's in particular and usually with higher torque capacity comes different materials that are generally a compromise in driveability. If you plan to add power with forced induction etc, or plan to drag race the car and slip the clutch a lot you will have to make that compromise. Gearing and how this car generates power will likely wear most any clutch if you plan to drag race it as there is not significant low end power and it requires some slip to get it out of the hole, with stickier tires that will only become more apparent. The clutch that comes in the car is not bad at all, it's biggest upgrade from a feel perspective would come from an clutch spring change.
Thanks, now I get your thinking! The more I think about it I should probably be looking at something different for a drag car, and save the GT350.:headbonk:
Sponsored