OP
OP

mnmike59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Good info, Thanks.:thumbsup:

Lu47's+Flex fuel log being enabled will get you ready to rock regardless of how inconsistent the the ethanol percentage is.

If you go with a strict e85 tune your fuel trims will correct for some of the inconstancies in percentage but if you run a aggressive spark map it could cause issues...

I usually tune so KR is adding 2*, this give it a safe buffer should you run into lower percentage or warmer summer temps...Also, increasing the KR down ramp will help the ECM pull timing faster should you run into some very low e50-e60 blends. Best thing to do is check with your local car groups and find out who has the most constant mix of e...locally I have about 3 stations that have consistent e85, and 1 that hovers as low as e60 at times.
Sponsored

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Tuned by Lund. He said only worry if its E55.. but my fuel station does 70 minimum to 85. The only reason I haven't switched back to 93, is because the engine feels so smooth and it loves it! Downside is poor gas mileage, refilling every 2-3 days and it's in the direction that I never go.

I haven't tested it yet. I bought a test tube, so I'll do it on my next fill up. Just for shits n giggles.

Oko3612

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic PP 15 GT
Tuned by Lund. He said only worry if its E55.. but my fuel station does 70 minimum to 85. The only reason I haven't switched back to 93, is because the engine feels so smooth and it loves it! Downside is poor gas mileage, refilling every 2-3 days and it's in the direction that I never go.

I haven't tested it yet. I bought a test tube, so I'll do it on my next fill up. Just for shits n giggles.
What mileage you seeing if you're refueling every 2-3 days? Just curious as i want to go flex fuel soon

Sponsored

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Damn thats a decent amount lower for sure. Thanks for the info
It's worth it right now for me because the car feels a lot better. The idle and performance is a huge difference to me over 93.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I am getting 11 mpg on E85. I am using the Lund FF tune.

The only problem I am having is this: after E85 is burned off and I refill with 93, even several times, my AFR takes a long time before it goes back to 14.0

Most of the time on 93, I average 13.3-13.7 AFR. Lund says it may have learned to a higher ethanol percentage than E10. Eventually it will get there but it takes several weeks to do so.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
I've seen a -2MPG per gallon on mine. So overall I'm losing like 20-25mpg a tank. It's not THAT bad. Now for people who are WOT all the time maybe's it's worse.

It cost $20-$22 to fill up, so it's not really much of a loss over 93. 93 I was getting 18mpg, E85 16mpg.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I've seen a -2MPG per gallon on mine. So overall I'm losing like 20-25mpg a tank. It's not THAT bad. Now for people who are WOT all the time maybe's it's worse.

It cost $20-$22 to fill up, so it's not really much of a loss over 93. 93 I was getting 18mpg, E85 16mpg.
Wow, you must be babying it al the time or spending 95% of your time on the highway cuz you should be losing approximately 30% of your fuel economy with E85 from what I have read.

Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Wow, you must be babying it al the time or spending 95% of your time on the highway cuz you should be losing approximately 30% of your fuel economy with E85 from what I have read.
I used to get 26 hwy and 17 city on 93. E-85 21 hwy and 13 city.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!

You should use 91-93 every couple fill ups even if for a 1/4 of a tank. Or run an upper cylinder lubricant instead. Been using e85 for over 7 years in my DD. I wouldn't suggest using e85 only long term without a lubricant. Nasty things could happen if you didnt.

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
You should use 91-93 every couple fill ups even if for a 1/4 of a tank. Or run an upper cylinder lubricant instead. Been using e85 for over 7 years in my DD. I wouldn't suggest using e85 only long term without a lubricant. Nasty things could happen if you didnt.
I'm about to add some upper cylinder lube to mine. I'd switch to 93 but it's more expensive and less power so it's a last resort.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
For anyone looking for a good brand, i suggest lucas oil fuel treatment. Its an upper cylinder lube. I buy the gallon container its a better deal. I also use lucas ethanol treatment it is good for those that use e85 but let some sit in the tank because its not a DD. It specifically states it works with e85 and one bottle treats 80 gallons. I run the lucas fuel lubricant because its the only one that i found that was polyisobutane free. For anyone wondering what that is, polyisobutane is the known ingredient that usually causes the gooish substance or blank junk.
Sponsored