Dual Clutch Auto for GT350

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
So, you post a link and reference a website that references this forum as their evidence... Nice "proof" man.

Can you provide any REAL evidence to ANYTHING that you claim as being "confirmed"?

My bet is no.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
So, you post a link and reference a website that references this forum as their evidence... Nice "proof" man.

Can you provide any REAL evidence to ANYTHING that you claim as being "confirmed"?

My bet is no.
:lol:

So it isn't worth looking into? You wanted a mainstream media source and they are telling the entire world where the media gets it's info.

Doesn't that change your opinion a little about the quality of info that gets posted?

Didn't your engine builder just confirm the very thing this thread wants to discuss?

The 2018 GT350 was no sh!t, the real deal and you didn't buy it. The engine plant pretty much confirms GT350 production till 2020. Then Road and Track, a major media site, also reports future changes to the GT350 product.

I have no idea what your issue is... I don't think you know what your issue is :lol:

You don't need to come in here. In fact, since everything in the Internet is invalid, you don't need to come back in at all. thePill will continue to provide as much info as is available. I am unsure what forms of official information are suitable to be referenced or discussed at this time. You, personally, will need to wait until Ford comes clean at one of the auto shows.

Every time we start talking about cars someone comes in here and ruins it :(

65Terdlingua

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Mustang

My bet is no.
Thank you! I have been trying to find the forum thread here where someone said something about a dual clutch trans that R&T mentions. Where was that at?

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
thePill would need to pull up in a licensed and registered 2018 before a handful of you guy want to believe it. I don't know what else to say but I wish we could begin to discuss the potential clients for a DCT in a Voodoo instead. Ford won't discuss future product plans and the only thing thePill can do is wait for an engine builder to confirm it.

If Road and Track feel comfortable getting information here, that should at least ease concerns about having a relevant conversation. There are technologies headin' the Mustang's way and feats of accomplishment only enjoyed by high end car makers. People are so wrap up in proving thePill wrong that they can't identify correct info even if it landed in their lap.

Personally, I would like to explore Ford's Duel Fuel System and go back and ask more questions about equal length headers. I want to know if there is a DCT coming to the GT350 lineup. I want to find out more about the Hydro-formed Camshafts......

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
lol @ a magazine citing a forum as its information source, further proof that R&T is a crock pot of a publication
^^this.

thePill likes to throw up his hands and say "why do you still doubt me?" when it should be blatantly obvious using ridiculous sources like he did.

How do you not understand that? Anyone can post a rumor on here, then a magazine posts this information on their website, then the forum where the rumor INITIALLY BEGAN cites the magazine as a "source" for leaked info? Do you not see the cyclical bias there? :crazy::headbonk:

I can absolutely discuss a DCT GT350. To be honest, I was kind of surprised that they didn't offer the DCT for the R models since it is their more "hardcore" track offering. The issue is that the DCT they developed for the GT would drastically raise the price of the 350. Those DCT's that are made to handle 500+ lb-ft of torque are VERY VERY expensive. Just for example, a GTR's transmission that handles well under 500 lb-ft of torque, retails for over $28,000. Food for thought. DCT's don't handle torque very well as they are much more fragile than an auto with a conventional torque converter. This is why the ones that go into high end supercars are very, very expensive to develop and produce.

I think if they really wanted to show off for laptimes it probably would have been an option initially for the R's. I would actually like to see it just because it would be just THAT much faster, with closer ratios and lightning changes. But with how expensive they are, I don't see it happening unless Ford is going to bite the bullet and lose money on every DCT optioned car they sell. Autos are only ever $1500-2000 more when available as options, and that wouldn't come close to covering the cost differential between the DCT and the Tremec 3160.

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
lol @ a magazine citing a forum as its information source, further proof that R&T is a crock pot of a publication
R&T is a sister publication to Car and Driver.

As long as everyone is on the same page I guess. I guess if it's the majority, Road and Track is no longer a credible media source.

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Who knows what to believe anymore but fwiw i remember RT was the first to say the gt350 would have a flat crank.

Personally think it should stay manual only but i'm sure it'll help with track times.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
They may stick that 10 speed Ford/GM developed. I think thats a standard slush box but I highly doubt it would be a dual clutch. Who knows. It's easy to speculate but I don't see an enthusist forum being a valid reference for any data.

Sponsored

J_Maher_AMG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R (HR057)
They may stick that 10 speed Ford/GM developed. I think thats a standard slush box but I highly doubt it would be a dual clutch. Who knows. It's easy to speculate but I don't see an enthusist forum being a valid reference for any data.
I would second that, more likely to see the 10spd if an auto option is going to be available. The DCT would likely be too expensive to warrant putting in the car. That 10 spd though would instantly take the 350's straightline performance and turn it up 2-3 notches.. could easily see it being a mid 11's car rather than a low 12's with nothing more than an auto with launch control.

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Don't believe this is that far fetched. An auto GT350 would certainly reach a larger audience...and Ford is here to sell cars. This seems incredibly feasible to me, I also am starting to believe in a 2018 as well. From a sell-ability standpoint it makes complete sense...and if it makes sense then more often then not it'll make dollars.

Jb350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 track pack
I agree that if anything it would end up being the 10 speed, not a dual clutch. If there was a dual clutch option initially, I would have bought, but at this point I wouldn't trade in mine for one.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Im all for 2018 and beyond if they up R production to 1000 units/yr

OP
OP
thePill

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Thank you! I have been trying to find the forum thread here where someone said something about a dual clutch trans that R&T mentions. Where was that at?
He believes thePill has brainwashed some major media outlets as well as engine builders and engineers...

We would of had the entire press release bang out by now if it wasn't for these people. If we could have discussed the other topics with dignity and respect, we could actually attract more "leaks" into the conversation.
Sponsored